Thread: Does the M&P9 L have the same accuracy issues? Anyone know?

Does the M&P9 L have the same accuracy issues? Anyone know?

Sorry for another M&P 9 accuracy question, but I noticed that (if I recall correctly) DocGKR and others had said that the M&P9c didn't have the inconsistent accuracy issues that the M&P9 does. I have also heard that the Shield 9mm is also fine accuracy wise. Has anyone tested out the M&P9L to see if these exhibit the same issues? I'd actually prefer the 5 inch barrel for duty.

Mine did.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Try to get one of the older 2013/2014 guns, they have tended to have better accuracy.

According to Randy Lee of Apex Tactical and Bruce Gray who shot some of Randy's 9L's at 25 and 50 yards Bianchi style those samples did not shoot well.

My 2011 vintage 9L is very accurate, as in multiple loads under 2" at 20 yards. I think I got the only accurate one they ever made.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Ok to focus on something that we do with glock and sig, what year were these pistols produced?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Ok to focus on something that we do with glock and sig, what year were these pistols produced?
    Sadly, it's not that simple. Guns produced within the same year and month can be all over the map, accuracy-wise, and in addition, P&W made "rolling" updates, so there's not a specific date to pin down as "M&P barrels all updated on 10/2013" or anything like that. There are some pretty well-documented threads trying to nail it down, and it's proven to be rather elusive. I just bought my FS and I can't outshoot it with anything else, so far.

What exactly is causing the accuracy problem? I had a first generation full sized M&P9 that I sold off several years ago. It just sucked in the accuracy department with any ammo I tried. I had read a post a while back from a guy on another forum who used high speed video while a M&P was firing. Basically the barrel began the cycle of unlocking at moment that the bullet was exiting the barrel. So, sometimes the bullet would clear the barrel before the barrel unlocked, and sometimes the bullet would exit as the barrel was in the process of unlocking. If this is the problem, I imagine that the shorter barrel M&P models would likely be okay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    What exactly is causing the accuracy problem?
    You should start reading this thread:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...P9-barrel-saga

User Tag List