Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My homemade Glock 19L.

My homemade Glock 19L.

My first carry gun was a Glock 34, a few years into carrying it I decided to get something a little smaller and easier to conceal. I really loved the feel and balance of my 34, but figured if I was going to get something "easier" to conceal it would have to have a shorter grip. Enter the Glock 19. I love my 19 as well, have put thousands of rounds through it, but still prefer the feel and balance of my 34.

Around this time I started working up enough nerve to stipple my Glocks. I'd seen it done, and loved the results, but was still really nervous about altering my gun. Once I finally worked up enough nerve to mod my pistol.....well, it's been all downhill from there. I've since stippled 8 polymer pistols, I've also undercut the trigger guard on all my polymer guns.

It wasn't until recently though (watching Rob Pincus' 26L video) that I decided to actually "cut" one of my guns. Bought a Gen 3 Glock 17, put a few hundred rounds through it to function check it, and broke out the band saw, belt sander, dremel, and soldering iron.
    I took the grip off straight, at 19 length, bobtailed the backstrap to match the 19, cut a half crescent in the bottom of each side of the grip to assist with stripping stuck mags, dual undercut the trigger guard, and stippled the frame, trigger guard, and thumb shelf.

I've since put enough rounds through it that I'm comfortable carrying it, and I've got to say, I'm REALLY loving this mod. It gives me the balance of my 34 with the more concealable grip length of my 19. Topped it off with my prefered sight set up, .156" 10-8 Performance U-Notch in the rear and .220" orange Ameriglo Pro-Glo up front, and called it good.

Here it is with all the other crap I end up carrying each day. Fits in quite nicely, IMO.

Last edited by Eli; 07-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Neat!

I just finished one of these too. I cut a bit more off so yours looks better. It's an awesome setup.

G17 Compact?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Great work. I need to do that to my SIRT!

Thanks guys.

Here's the 19 that I've been carrying for the last few years.

It was actually the first gun I stippled, and the looks reflect that, but it's been a great little carry piece. Kinda looks sad now, just sitting in the safe.

I chopped down a 34 and love it.

my 'experimental' spare frame lol...

Looks good, how do you like that Xfer?

Nice chop. We had a thread about this config a while back, mine's in there. Link

I chopped mine on a whim when I was mostly shooting a P30 but have since been carrying the chopped Glock as my primary. I know it's not for everyone but I really like it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List