Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help installing front sight on a SIRT training gun

Help installing front sight on a SIRT training gun

Guys, I just got a SIRT Pro and I'm having one hell of a time getting the front sight post installed. I'm using Ameriglo Defoor's, and the screw installs into the sight just fine when it's not on the slide, but once I put it on the gun the screw just spins endlessly (I'm using two different Ameriglo screws with the same results). It's obviously not catching the threads, but I can't tell why. Is this a SIRT problem, or an Ameriglo problem? Any insight would help.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Had the same issue. The SIRT "slide" is not cut right for NS. I called NLT and explained this but they didn't "get it".
    So I took mine to my gunsmith and he had to mill about .060 out of the slide for the sight screw to fit.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Had the same issue. The SIRT "slide" is not cut right for NS. I called NLT and explained this but they didn't "get it".
    So I took mine to my gunsmith and he had to mill about .060 out of the slide for the sight screw to fit.
    Does this mean that the SIRT slide is too thick? Also, do you mean SIRT slides just aren't cut right for night sights in particular, or any aftermarket sights?
    I'm waiting for my SIRT, and I plan on just putting in an economical pair of steel sights without tritium, so I'm curious.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I suppose sight make/model has some influence here... Or perhaps tolerance stack-ups?

I say this because I had no issue installing a Warren tritium front on my metal SIRT.

My plastic SIRT also has a tritium front installed (Glock OEM maybe?), but as it was installed by the previous owner, I don't know if he had to put any extra work into it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

The slides are thicker, I used a longer sight screw for my Ameriglo CAP front.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

For a short term solution I'm just gonna throw it on there with a bunch of blue Lokitite. In the meantime, does anyone know if Ameriglo makes a longer screw for their front sights?
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Blue Loctite will not work, a CA glue will. Ameriglo had longer screws. I don't have any on hand or I'd mail ya one.

What is a CA glue?
    -Kyle Defoor

Cyanoacrylate.

Super glue.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Yup, was too lazy to spell it out and used common terms I am used to.

User Tag List