Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ammo seems to be eaing up in fla area

ammo seems to be eaing up in fla area

starting to see ammo showing up in lgs and walmart walmart had 20 boxes of 325 rnds 22lr and 10 boxes 9mm 100 rnd boxes all three lgs had over 10 boxes of 9mm 45 and 40 no 22lp though prices for 9 were 19$ 40 were 20$ and 45 were 22$ in jax saw 9mm hornaday match grade was still high 34$ per 50 but the shooting ranges were 6 for 50 22 lr and 17.99 fro 9mm reloads

jhp

I picked up 1000 rounds of WWB 9mm at Wal-Mart last week (NM state law prohibits limits on purchase quantities).
    There was still 1500 rounds of the Federal 9mm in the case along with plenty of .45 and .40 (no .22lr or .223 though).
    I think the worst of the drought is over at least until the mid-term elections.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I picked up 1000 rounds of WWB 9mm at Wal-Mart last week (NM state law prohibits limits on purchase quantities).
    There was still 1500 rounds of the Federal 9mm in the case along with plenty of .45 and .40 (no .22lr or .223 though).
    I think the worst of the drought is over at least until the mid-term elections.
    Crap. I haven't been able to find a scrap around here still. My local walmart is completely bare except for a a few shotgun shells.
    Were prices in line with "normal" or inflated a bit?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Our Wal Marts are still all bare, with what little ammo that shows up gone the first thing in the morning to be resold by douchebags later that day on the internet, this is even with a 3 box a day limit to ammo buying.

Our standard issue pistol is a Glock 22 or 23 depending on the Deputy's preference and inventory. I had set aside a G22 with a very nice OEM trigger for myself. We had a new hire that wanted a G22; so, I issued it out to him.

Serves me right as I can't find any 9mm or .45 ACP locally, but one of the cop shops has scads of .40SW Winchester WB 100 round packs on the shelf. I do have a G23 available, and if I get in a pinch I'll shoot it, but I stil have a supply of .45 GAP to run through before I demean myself into shooting .40SW.

I have noticed a lot of the local shops advertising having ammo in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Our Wal Marts are still all bare, with what little ammo that shows up gone the first thing in the morning to be resold by douchebags later that day on the internet, this is even with a 3 box a day limit to ammo buying.
    That appears to be the exact situation we have going on, according to the lamentations on the local shooter forum. Both at Walmart and Academy. Same forum has plenty of ammo for sale in the classifieds for higher prices...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I am fully prepared to put people in jail at the very first chance I get to bang someone who is buying ammo for the express purpose of reselling it at a profit. Breaking a few laws while being a profiteering dochebag should hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I am fully prepared to put people in jail at the very first chance I get to bang someone who is buying ammo for the express purpose of reselling it at a profit. Breaking a few laws while being a profiteering dochebag should hurt.
    What about buying ammo for sex?

This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of 5.56mm. On the way back I stopped at the gas station to get some gas, and this drop dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my car and said in a very sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in a trade of sex for ammo?"

I thought it over for a few seconds and responded......"well, just what kind of ammo you got to trade?"

I got another case of 5.56mm out of the deal...Then got a blood test.

Regardless of the results...I still got some ammo out of the deal! As for the rest - Obama Care!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Were prices in line with "normal" or inflated a bit?
    $24/100
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    9mm is $15 per box of 50 at the indoor range here. Of course it's for range use only, so I can't buy a thousand rounds to take home. Nevertheless, it's better than not being able to get any locally. I haven't checked Wal-Mart lately.

User Tag List