Page 32 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Pics don't come close to doing it justice. It's the most aesthetically pleasing handgun I've ever seen.
    I believe it. I'd love to be lucky enough to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
    I believe it. I'd love to be lucky enough to find one.
    They could only be ordered factory direct. Pretty sure the window has closed. And there was a specific promo code that was required to place the order. Sig dealers could not order them unless they had the promo code (which most didn't), and they were not available for retail sale. Mine may make it up to highest bidder at some point in my life, perhaps college tuition for the unborn son, but I really dig it, so it is highly unlikely I will part with it.

Don't blame you at all

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Pics don't come close to doing it justice. It's the most aesthetically pleasing handgun I've ever seen.
    I normally hate most engraving and gold inlay but that thing is just right. Very, very nice, and not helping my long held SIG lust.

Newest, latest, and greatest Noveske Rifleworks carbine.......

Carbine is the Noveske/VTAC 16" Recce with AAC Blackout Flash hider, stainless steel barrel, TD pistol grip, MagPul CTR MilSpec buttstock, and Troy BUIS's.

Glass is the Leupold VX6, 1-6x with the Firedot reticle in a LaRue QD Mount, and custom engraving on both of the turret caps. I didn't ask for it, but the folks at Leupold took the liberty, and it is appreciated.

Pretty happy with this set up for a GP carbine. Time will tell, and more rounds necessary to really wring out the combo, but I am logging the data for once, and will have a complete write up by March 1st of next year.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    ive yet to get to a track but TOD is a blast.
    Sigh. That spot was maybe 20-30 minutes from my house, via Foothills Parkway.

I had the TL Thou' parked in that very place practically weekly for a while...

Everything's all flat and straight and square corners where I live now.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Attachment 1225

My new Colts; the left gun was still stock when this was taken, the right gun has had a Techwell TGO magwell added to it. Since I took this, the left gun has had the factory stocks changed out for matching Techwell grips with the "carry" magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Sigh. That spot was maybe 20-30 minutes from my house, via Foothills Parkway.

I had the TL Thou' parked in that very place practically weekly for a while...

Everything's all flat and straight and square corners where I live now.
    oh cool, that would have been fun to have that road 30min from your house.

its a lot more interesting than the flat straights i live near too. oh well.

asked a local if there was a gun range near TOD, actually drew me a map. unfortunately it was inaccessible with that car and i never did find it. i bet that would have been interesting.

Took my oldest shooting for the first time yesterday. That was the most fun I've ever had at the range.

Talking about stance, grip, sight alignment, and trigger control (dry gun):

About to touch off his first ever live round (Walther PPS 9mm). That's Mom in the background:

Just after breaking the shot:

He's pretty proud of himself. The target was about five yards out:

Brother-in-law shooting a 12-gauge for the first time (second time shooting at all):

It sounds like both new shooters have a good time. Thanks for introducing them in a safe fashion - we now have that many more allies.

It bet your son had a great time! My daughter's first shooting trip was almost 15 years ago, and she can still tell you how much fun we had together.

User Tag List