Page 28 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If I ever get to be lottery-stupid rich, I'm buying two ranches. One between Fredericksburg and Kerrville on the Pedernales River, and the other near Jackson Hole in the mountains.

Wyoming in the summer, Texas in the winter.
    Nice...I was going to volunteer to be your caretaker, then I thought...Wyoming in the winter and Texas in the summer? Naaaah...

ObOnTopic: the gun's just a M70 Featherweight in 308, but I think I lucked out with a nice piece of wood. The scope is a Vortex Viper HD II 1-6x. It looks a little funny on a bolt gun, but the glass is friggin' amazing. At least I think so, I'm no scope expert. But the eyebox is forgiving and the images are ridiculously crisp. At 1x it looks waaay better than my H1. I'll have to play with it, but I think this is a worthwhile experiment for a carryin'-around-in-the-woods kind of rifle, hunting pigs and such. I'll have a good time finding out.

Name:  gun-n-glass.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  22.0 KB
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

From "New School" 19 to "Old School" 19..

1903 Colt .38 Auto. It has been in the family for many generations.

Last edited by Lost River; 12-08-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Lack of spell check, and poor proof reading on my part.

Testing the two different boxes of old ammo earlier this year :

One box I recall having seen with the gun back in the 1980s when the old Colt was in my dad's safe.

One box was sent from an online buddy who is not only a great resource for such things but is also quite the subject matter expert when it comes to .38 supers and in this case a pre- Super pistols(as well as a pre 1911s).

It is quite interesting to compare the old 1903, a bone stock 1911 and a modern 1911A1 all together and see the evolution.

For those who may not be aware, the .38 Colt and .38 Super case are essentially the same size. That being said, the old .38 Colt guns were not designed to operate at the higher pressures of that the Super cartridge is capable of being loaded to.

Though the sights are tiny, using the fundamentals, it is still a capable pistol:

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    1903 Colt .38 Auto. It has been in the family for many genrations.

Beautiful. I love the aesthetics of these pre 1911 colts. I hope to get to fire one someday.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

New toys. I imagine one or two will like it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Just another G17.

My other hobby

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

New toys. I imagine one or two will like it.
    That makes my Nikon look like a toy. I wish I have more time to put into photography, shooting real bullets is my focus now (pun intended).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

All the cool gear still needs someone with a little skill to use it. I am not there. I just like to blast the berm with a really nice gun, so to speak.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Nice 7D buddy. I got the first book in Kelby's series. I only just started reading it though.

So multicam neck strap huh?

User Tag List