Page 68 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Site Supporter
    Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by lindertw View Post
    I haven't been to the range in forever - I've been too busy playing with my car! I've spent the past year tinkering and trying to make my setup as efficient as possible at the drag strip; it's amazing how valuable good video can be in helping correct issues:

I mounted my gopro to the panhard bar facing the rear tire so I could watch what it's doing at launch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uhCDKnsOgcY

outside (full speed) vid of the above run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzHG...layer_embedded

and slow motion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109lS...layer_embedded

using this video, I made minor adjustments to my rear shocks for the next test and tune session, and managed my best 60' time ever (still working to get the ET down):

there's nothing quite like holding your foot to the floorboard and launching at wide open throttle (in my case 6500 rpm rev limiter):
    What have you done? nice times. I still need to check out that nova mustang club. Eventually I'll get around to it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I haven't been to the range in forever - I've been too busy playing with my car! I've spent the past year tinkering and trying to make my setup as efficient as possible at the drag strip; it's amazing how valuable good video can be in helping correct issues:

I mounted my gopro to the panhard bar facing the rear tire so I could watch what it's doing at launch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uhCDKnsOgcY

outside (full speed) vid of the above run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzHG...layer_embedded

and slow motion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109lS...layer_embedded

using this video, I made minor adjustments to my rear shocks for the next test and tune session, and managed my best 60' time ever (still working to get the ET down):

there's nothing quite like holding your foot to the floorboard and launching at wide open throttle (in my case 6500 rpm rev limiter):
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    What have you done? nice times. I still need to check out that nova mustang club. Eventually I'll get around to it.
    Ditto this!

Makes me miss the Mustangs I have known and loved.

My First HK

Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Very nice!

Ditto this!

Makes me miss the Mustangs I have known and loved.
    thanks guys - engine mods are minimal, it's mostly suspension and tires:

- k&n cold air intake, ford racing shorty headers, ford racing GTA mufflers (all installed by the orig owner); steeda underdrive pullies,
    - 93 octane tune (put 302hp / 317 tq to the wheels on the dyno)
    - 4.10 gears, eaton truetrac differential, lpw differential cover
    - ford racing cobra jet drag springs front/rear
    - strange single adjustable struts/shocks
    - metco upper and lower control arms (rear)
    - bmr lower control arm relocation brackets
    - removed front swaybar
    - removed everything from the trunk (spare tire, shaker 1000 subwoofer and amps)
    - 15x4 / 15x8 weld rts wheels
    - mickey thompson tires (bias ply front and rear)

otherwise OEM engine (all emissions equipment in place and functional), stock transmission/clutch/shifter, stock 2-pc driveshaft (with two safety loops for racing). With the adjustable struts/shocks it drives like stock when I'm not at the track. My last trip to the track I managed 24.5mpg driving 80+ miles to Maryland International Raceway; I reset the trip computer and got 5.6mpg while racing - lol.

My last trip to the track I managed 24.5mpg driving 80+ miles to Maryland International Raceway; I reset the trip computer and got 5.6mpg while racing - lol.
    That is wild, lol. Looks like a lot of fun!

I actually have somewhere around 1700 hours, but the patch was waiting for me when I returned from my most recent deployment.

Congrats on achieving an important milestone in your career. But most of all, thank you for your service to our country. I'm glad you safely returned.

This would be the one pistol that I NEVER sell. 1972 Belgium made BHP. My father in law passed this down to me before passing away (wife thinks it's hers LMAO) and it has a lot of sentimental value to me, and there's a lot of history with this pistol and where it's traveled. One day when I can spare the cash I will be seeing this to the house of T. Yost/J. Burton for a makeover, only guys I can think of to touch this pistol and make it something the old man would love to shoot (and of course me as well). I don't shoot it much to not beat on it more, and frankly because the sights suck and I get really bad hammer bite from it. I have the original receipt from when it was purchased and the Browning leather pouch too, and the old mans shoulder holster in which he carried it.

Showing off my CZ family.

Top to bottom:
    CZ 50 .32ACP
    CZ P-07 9mm (new non-Duty model made in 2013)
    CZ 75B 9mm
    CZ 97B .45ACP

The P-07 in a High Noon Holster Down Under with straps.

User Tag List