Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: What I do to my Glocks and Why

The standard trigger spring is the one part I have seen regularly break on Glocks, which are normally pretty bomb proof.

That the NY1 also gives a felt resistance to the trigger pull all the way through is another thing I like. I think it's more street friendly.

For stock(ish) Glocks that will be for CCW and not games I have always preferred to swap the factory springs in the entire pistol with springs from Wolff Gunsprings but all in the same factory weight setting.

YMMV
    Energy goes where attention flows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    For stock(ish) Glocks that will be for CCW and not games I have always preferred to swap the factory springs in the entire pistol with springs from Wolff Gunsprings but all in the same factory weight setting.

YMMV
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Why?
    In my non professional testing with my small amount of Glocks and shooting compared to the pros here the Wolff springs have yet to fail me. I have nothing documented it's just personal preference. When you say have a stock trigger spring next to a Wolff trigger spring the difference in quality/craftsmanship is very visible. Again as I said previously I'm not talking about getting any "lighter" or "heavier" springs, just replacing the stock springs with the same spec out of Wolff's catalog.

Many people have preferred their magazine springs for a long time, I just took that preference into the gun itself is all.
    Energy goes where attention flows.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post
    Aside from changing the trigger pull weight to 7lbs, what does the NY1 and minus connector do to the feel of the trigger and why does this set up seem popular on here? What am I missing out on by sticking with the factory Gen3 trigger setup?
    You're not missing out on much really. Some people don't like running into the "wall" that most glock triggers have. The NY1 spring provides a more rolling break and sometimes a more vigorous reset. It's also more durable than the return spring that comes stock. That said, I don't have a big problem with the stock setup on my G34. It's a nice trigger and breaks at about 4.5 lbs.

I am convinced however, that unless it's a ridiculous trigger like a NY2 spring, or a 20lb DA pull on a revolver...trigger weight is not a big contributing factor to how well a gun can be shot...crazy as it sounds.

The standard trigger spring is the one part I have seen regularly break on Glocks, which are normally pretty bomb proof.

That the NY1 also gives a felt resistance to the trigger pull all the way through is another thing I like. I think it's more street friendly.
    This. Though I think this set up tends to work better on pre-Generation 4 Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    In my non professional testing with my small amount of Glocks and shooting compared to the pros here the Wolff springs have yet to fail me. I have nothing documented it's just personal preference. When you say have a stock trigger spring next to a Wolff trigger spring the difference in quality/craftsmanship is very visible. Again as I said previously I'm not talking about getting any "lighter" or "heavier" springs, just replacing the stock springs with the same spec out of Wolff's catalog.

Many people have preferred their magazine springs for a long time, I just took that preference into the gun itself is all.
    Springs, except for the noted trigger spring, have never been an issue in any of the Glocks that I have worked with, including the 350 or so we have issued out at work.

Just an observation.

Chuck,

Are you seeing the gray, newer, trigger springs still break?

Thanks

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Chuck,

Are you seeing the gray, newer, trigger springs still break?

Thanks

Ken
    I don't think I have, but then most of what I see now are the 9mms, and the vast majority of the broken trigger springs I have seen were on .40s

I don't think I have, but then most of what I see now are the 9mms, and the vast majority of the broken trigger springs I have seen were on .40s
    Ever see a broken trigger on a Glock .40 (as in the tip of the trigger breaks off)? I had one on a Glock 22 with only around 7,000 rounds through it, but I don't know if it is a common issue or not.

User Tag List