Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Colt AR6720 Lightweight LE Carbine

thanks for the reply rob!. I did not cross thread (looked and study it for awhile, extremely clean lines). BCM gun fighter comes with the exact same screw as the original A2 screw with no loctite so I decided to just use the original the first time. If it passes a function test and the grip is in tight, anything I should look for as a operational issue?
    *I will now be cleaning out areas like that before installing something*

One thing to check is how far the screw projects up into the lower, if at all. If the BCM came with the same screw you're probably ok, but Magpul (not to keep picking on them) comes with a different, shorter, screw for a reason. If the screw sticks up too high inside it can lock up the trigger mechanism.

It does not, it is exactly the same as the A2 pistol grip screw, right down to the washer that they both have. If the trigger operates freely (I can watch it release the hammer with the upper off and my thumb on the hammer) and it resets fine that elevates that question right?

Should be OK. My experience with dry function tests has been that they can expose some gremlins, but there are some that only come out during live fire. Sounds like you're good to go for that.

Some parts here that really start to flush out the idea of the MOE SL 6720.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/10/14...ies-available/

I do find myself wishing that Colt would do the 6720 in a mid-length, only for the slightly longer handguard and possibility of spreading out the mounting area. I'd like to get a VFG, QD swivel mount, and base for an X300 on there. I suppose one could use the MOE Mlok VFG and QD swivel and an FSB mount for the X300.

I'm not a genius or anything, I know that, so what the hell is up with all the different MS-1, MS-3, MS-4 sling stuff?

Can someone give me the louder-and-slower explanation for all the MagPul slings and sling hickeys?

I don't fully grasp it either, but I think that as long as you're dealing with the current version of the sling they all start with the same base and different versions have different tails or attachments which you can slo a-la-carte. That's how I got around the confusion when I bought mine.

The MS-1 is an adjustable 2 point, with just tri-glide buckles at the ends. You can attack it to existing sling loops, QD swives, etc, or get various separate adapters to make it like the M-3 or -4.

The MS-2 is their original single point / 2 point sling. Snap shackle to attach to the rear of the gun (via ASAP or similar), and lock-jaw clip to attach to the front of the gun (via RSA or similar) for 2 point, or the D ring on the sling for single point.

The MS-3 is an updated version of the MS-4, with Magpul's para-clip (updated version of the lock-jaw) on both ends. Can also be had with a single QD on the rear-of-the-gun end.

The MS-4 has QD on both ends.

There's also gen 1 and gen2 varieties of some of them. Gen 1 has a webbing loop on the adjuster, and you pull from the gun toward you to tighten. (And not sure how available the gen 1's are anymore) The Gen 2 has a flat plastic slider, with no loop, and you pull away from yourself to tighten (more like the VTAC and VCAS slings).
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Said another way...

This is what I see:
    MS1® - Multi-Mission Sling
    -traditional 2-point
    -rear attaches to/through stock slot
    -front attaches to sling swivel
    -various other tails, loops, swivels, or clips can be added to either end to customize the sling

The below all start with the MS1 as the base.

MS3® Sling GEN 2
    -2-to-1-point convertible
    -Rear attaches to ASAP® (via clip)
    -Front attaches to MSA/RSA (clip)

MS3® Single QD Sling GEN 2
    -Rear attaches to ASAP®-QD (via QD swivel)
    -Front attaches to MSA/RSA (clip)

MS4® Dual QD Sling GEN 2
    -Rear attaches to ASAP®-QD - Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point (via QD swivel)
    -Front attaches to MSA®-QD/RSA®-QD (via QD swivel

Oh okay. I guess I'd get an MS4 then.

User Tag List