Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Achilles' heel of the Beretta (Broken locking block)

Beretta Rocks!!!

I received two locking block kits in the mail today. Of course the locking block kit also includes a recoil spring, locking block plunger and roll pin.

Eric sent me two free of charge. Cheers Beretta. Here is to another 15k rounds.

God Bless,
    David

Site Supporter
    Way to go Beretta.

Good for them! I need to spend some more quality time with my good old 92FS. This thread makes it more likely.

One wonders if I should acquire a couple of these for my two. One is like-new, the other has less than 2K rounds through it so far. They are my grandson's pistols, and will get shot regularly, though not "hard".

These cost, what... $30/$40 bucks for the "kit"?

I have approximately 13k rounds on the replacement locking block and I noticed this chip on the left wing the other day.

I've decided to keep the locking block in a little longer since this is my training gun. Hopefully that won't prove to be catastrophically stupid. I don't want to damage my frame if the locking block block fails, but I'm curious to see how long it will go.

I've got 300 rounds through it since I noticed the chip. Let's see what happens.

God Bless,
    David
    Last edited by David B.; 04-16-2014 at 03:50 PM.

I could be wrong but it looks like it’s already cracking.
    Last edited by 5pins; 04-16-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    Don't risk it, fit a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I could be wrong but it looks like it’s already cracking.
    I thought I'd better pop it out and take a closer look after you circled the "crack."

I cleaned it off and put it under a magnifying glass and I really can't discern anything abnormal other than the chip. I'm going to run three hundred more rounds through it tomorrow keeping a close eye on it.

God Bless,
    David

Bill Rogers commented that the 92 is his favorite gun to shoot, but he wished it was more durable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by David B. View Post
    I thought I'd better pop it out and take a closer look after you circled the "crack."

I cleaned it off and put it under a magnifying glass and I really can't discern anything abnormal other than the chip. I'm going to run three hundred more rounds through it tomorrow keeping a close eye on it.

God Bless,
    David
    That pic is the wrong direction to look for the start of a crack. The one circled by 5pins pretty clearly shows something suspicious.

User Tag List