Thread: Tom Knapp, RIP.

Tom Knapp, RIP.

Tom Knapp passed away this morning. The only link I can find is on Cz's webpage, and a blurb from Juile Golob. I remember seeing him shoot at the old Beretta Shotgun range in the early 90s. Hell of a shooter and really nice guy. Had a charm for working the crowd like few others I've ever seen.

http://cz-usa.blogspot.com/2013/04/t...ting-star.html
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

Sad day for the shooting sports.

I never met Tom but his videos made him seem like a really nice guy. Makes me wonder how many shotgun shells he went through in his lifetime of shooting.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I met him a few times, and he was very nice. To me anyway. He even took the time to give me a few pointers to improve my game with the shotty. The shooting community is diminished.

Damn. Not too many of the classic-style exhibition shooters left in this world. I always enjoyed watching his videos, he had a rare combination of shooting skill and crowdwork skill.

We are diminished
    I bumped into Tom a few times a year back when I was at Beretta, usually at SHOT or various exhibitions. He was a genuinely enthusiastic guy who truly loved what he did. He was as happy sitting down and talking to one guy about shotgun chokes as he was standing in front of a crowd of hundreds blasting clays out of the air like it was nothing.

R.I.P. and condolences to the family.

We are diminished.
    I met him at a Chevy Truck shoot when he was doing a demo. We were out in the middle of nowhere and in addition to his signature armful of clays and shotgun move he was using a .22 to hit 50 cent piece size metal disks flipped/tossed up in the air. Truly an amazingly skilled shooter.

User Tag List