Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18 rounds from 5 yards - 9 hits , mostly lower body

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    They do, who said otherwise?
    The LEO(s) quoted in this post by rsa-otc:

"Most LEOs I talk to now a days have told me that if someone points what looks like it may be a gun at them and that person fails to obey commands they will respond with lethal force. Orange rings on the muzzle. Or looking like it could be a toy be dammed."

Let the average none LEO try defending "He pointed a bright orange toy looking gun at me and I told him to put it down but he didn't so I killed him".

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Then the average everyday joe should have the same "right" to make such judgment calls, the life of a a LEO is not a bit more important than the life of a non LEO.
    Let's just stop that train here and now. We're not going to have the Romper Room descend into LE vs. non-LE bickering that sours lots of other gun boards. Being a hard case isn't generally my style, but I will come down on that sort of thing with the iron fist of Stalin.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Let's just stop that train here and now. We're not going to have the Romper Room descend into LE vs. non-LE bickering that sours lots of other gun boards. Being a hard case isn't generally my style, but I will come down on that sort of thing with the iron fist of Stalin.
    [snarky response to a Staff member deleted]
    Last edited by ToddG; 04-24-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Staff are like Range Officers; even if you disagree with a rule, you still follow it

With emphasis on, "with the iron fist of Stalin" I hereby request that TCinVA's status be changed from "Staff" to "Reeducation Commissar"!

Good. The last thing this place needs is that nonsense.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

We are diminished
    Do not devolve this thread into a discussion of Staff moderation decisions, please. Get back on topic.

To get (closer to being) back on topic, I'm getting hit with a very censored annoying consequence of the horrible marksmanship that is apparently typical everywhere. The rotation feature of the targets at my favorite local range may never be enabled, because people insist on shooting the target's rotation mechanism.

How hard is it to not shoot the friggin' ceiling? Probably about as hard as not shooting your gang-buddy standing next to you. My accuracy standard has gotten a lot more strict in the last 6-8 months, since I started "getting serious" about shooting. But I'm pretty sure I never shot the friggin' ceiling...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    How hard is it to not shoot the friggin' ceiling? Probably about as hard as not shooting your gang-buddy standing next to you. My accuracy standard has gotten a lot more strict in the last 6-8 months, since I started "getting serious" about shooting. But I'm pretty sure I never shot the friggin' ceiling...
    At pretty much any indoor range, there will be the occasional hole in the lane dividers, or the trays, or whatever, that you can generally attribute to somebody getting sloppy and having an ND during administrative handling.

But get out about three yards and the floor, walls, and ceiling will be peppered with bullet strikes from people who don't know how to shoot trying to go cyclic with their pistols like they saw in a movie or a YouTube video.

(If I was alone on the sales floor and heard that noise coming from the range, I could hardly resist yelling "Miss faster!" And, yes, we'd have to re-string at least one carrier a day.)

The local indoor range has bullet scuff marks all over the floor, and ceiling plates, from people that can't shoot straight. I was RO'ing for a group this weekend and at 30 feet one of the shooters kept hitting the target stand. The target stand is pretty tough, made of 2" x 1/4" angle, but the opening is 2' x 3'.

He was shooting a Gen4 G19 and while the gun ran great, he needed some work. I made an attempt at improving his grip, he tried it for one shot, then went back to his old ways. At the end we did some walk back drills just for fun and he must have realized how bad his accuracy was because he wouldn't join us.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/23/ny...-fake-gun.html

How do you hit the foot from 5 yards away?

(and if my kids ever get toy guns, they will look like nerf gun, blobby and orange)
    I see this sometimes during force on force training. The good guy gets excited, and focuses solely on the threat in front of him. While he or she is looking over their sights, their also trying to slap the trigger as fast as they can. It results in rounds going in strange places. Weird things happen when people get extremely stressed.

Matt

User Tag List