Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Moving to Texas...

Colt Moving to Texas...

sorry if this is a double post....

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation’s most restrictive gun laws this week.

It also comes weeks after Governor Rick Perry reportedly sent letters to gun companies, encouraging them to move to Texas. Perry sent a message on Twitter to Colorado company Magpul as recently as March 21, saying “Come on Down to Texas.” The Governor’s office did not confirm Friday if it had sent a recruitment letter to Colt Competition.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/05/f...o-north-texas/
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I'm really curious as to what is going on with Colt in Florida.
    #RESIST

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    "Colt Competition" is a smallish Type 07 assembler of high-end AR-pattern game guns that licenses the "Colt" name and logo from Colt's Mfg.

Colt's Mfg. is not at this time moving to Texas.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    "Colt Competition" is a smallish Type 07 assembler of high-end AR-pattern game guns that licenses the "Colt" name and logo from Colt's Mfg.

Colt's Mfg. is not at this time moving to Texas.
    Thanks for the clarification, even when I picked this up off one of my blogs that I read, the poster couldn't figure out how large of a portion of Colt was moving.

Anyone have a clue on the size of the move? Jobs? Plant size? etc.

Some more hearsay: http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...-breckenridge/

It's about 12 people, and they're moving to Texas to expand the operation and grow the business.

Not Colt, but Bold Ideas, a small company from Oregon. About 10 employees.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It's about 12 people, and they're moving to Texas to expand the operation and grow the business.
    So....if it wasn't for CT's laws, then they might have expanded and grown in CT, or is this one of those 'cry wolf' scenarios where they were planning to move and it just happens to be a good story to manipulate into political hay?

So....if it wasn't for CT's laws, then they might have expanded and grown in CT, or is this one of those 'cry wolf' scenarios where they were planning to move and it just happens to be a good story to manipulate into political hay?
    This company is moving from Oregon not Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    This company is moving from Oregon not Connecticut.
    Sorry, there is some confusion, b/c there are 2 stories/states referred to in this link. My question still remains about Oregon: how much of this is b.s. political theater and they were moving to Texas anyway?

However, I'm also referring to this part:
    The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation’s most restrictive gun laws this week.
    The first sentence seems to be referring to Oregon and/or CT, but the last sentence is clearly referring to CT.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Sorry, there is some confusion, b/c there are 2 stories/states referred to in this link. My question still remains about Oregon: how much of this is b.s. political theater and they were moving to Texas anyway?

However, I'm also referring to this part:

The first sentence seems to be referring to Oregon and/or CT, but the last sentence is clearly referring to CT.
    The TX TV station dicked up. No portion of Colt's is moving anywhere as of right now, although they may be looking. That is what everybody is trying to tell you here.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List