Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maryland has fallen

Cool

if anyone feels for you, that would be me...

edited to add: I do not know why my post has that little :-) off on top. I can't change it from my phone I believe me I do not feel that this is in any way a laughing matter

Charles Carroll one of the Maryland Delegates to the constitutional convention and a founding father to the United States would be in the streets saying they need to rise up against tyranny.

I'm no longer a Marylander, having relocated to Virginia 14 months ago. I do feel bad for family still there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

It sucks. I'll probably move myself once the kids are done with their schooling.
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

I'm torn.

I always advise people to move out of sinking states...

Putting all the strength in one place can keep it going, at least.

But, not talking about anyone specifically here, when people move out of a more controlling place, to another, they generally bring the rest of the statist policies except for that one that got them out. It's iffy. You can see a lot of New Hamshire going that way, an exodus bringing the same politics people are leaving.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Maryland had already fallen.

Thus far, with the exception of "swing state" Colorado, this rash of "sweeping gun control legislation" has just seen blue states with bans ban things even bannier. With double secret bans on top.

We are truly a House Divided, and if you're a gun nut living on the wrong side of the duplex, you might want to give serious thought to moving your bed unless you think you can serve the cause better by becoming a test case.

Like civil rights in the '60s, this is going to come down to the Feds in the end.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I'm torn.

I always advise people to move out of sinking states...

Putting all the strength in one place can keep it going, at least.

But, not talking about anyone specifically here, when people move out of a more controlling place, to another, they generally bring the rest of the statist policies except for that one that got them out. It's iffy. You can see a lot of New Hamshire going that way, an exodus bringing the same politics people are leaving.
    So, it sounds like just another example of nature abhorring a vacuum I guess. People will only have so many places to move to avoid the states enacting laws that trample inalienable rights. Eventually, running (moving) wont be an option as the states may just keep falling like dominos.

So the real question is: When do The People stop "avoiding" the situation and start dealing, collectively, with the root of the issue? It seems like you can only back people into a corner so much before you provoke an intense reaction.

I'm not trying to foment civil disobedience, or anything like that, just looking down the road I think I see and asking questions.

I guess now I'll also have to stop visiting my family in MD.

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Maryland had fallen long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Maryland had already fallen.

Thus far, with the exception of "swing state" Colorado, this rash of "sweeping gun control legislation" has just seen blue states with bans ban things even bannier. With double secret bans on top.

We are truly a House Divided, and if you're a gun nut living on the wrong side of the duplex, you might want to give serious thought to moving your bed unless you think you can serve the cause better by becoming a test case.

Like civil rights in the '60s, this is going to come down to the Feds in the end.
    Exactly... We are talking about a state with zero language in its constitution regarding personal firearms and real liberty. Sadly, the citizens of Maryland have long ago ceded all power and authority to the ruling elite who "know better" about what safety is than the people themselves. Consequently, not even driving through this liberty-no-man's-land is safe for the rest of us.

Fine by me. We will have permanently moved by the end of next month. Upside is that property values continue to increase, and looks like we will make a profit on someone trading their liberty for a sense of security, and poor schools.

User Tag List