Thread: The Future of Our Country Might Be Seen Right Now in an NYC Shelter....

The Future of Our Country Might Be Seen Right Now in an NYC Shelter....

yest Bloomberg is mad about it

“We get breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have a microwave and TV. They do the laundry for free,” noted Jablonowski, who lived in New York for years before going back to his homeland, only to return here to a freebie life.

Jablonowski said he even gets a prepaid cellphone — allowing 1,000 texts and 300 minutes a month — through Medicaid and boasted, “I’m going to get my teeth fixed.”

“I love New York because you cannot starve in New York, you can always find food and clothes,” he said.

“The shelters are really nice. You have clean sheets. You get to watch TV and stay in the warm. Homeless people have it so good, they don’t want to look for a job.’’

Last month, Mayor Bloomberg blasted the 30-year-old city decree that gives free shelter to anyone who says they need it.

“You can arrive in your private jet at Kennedy Airport, take a private limousine and go straight to the shelter system, walk in the door and we’ve got to give you shelter,” the mayor fumed.

Taxpayers shell out $3,000 a month to feed, house and provide other services to each homeless person. The average stay in a city shelter is as long as nine months — although there’s no limit.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...1Svh7u9jZDAf5N

Don't worry though, this type of abuse of the taxpayer will never happen with the ACA
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

DC has a similar problem, though our shelters generally aren't anywhere near as nice. I'm not sure how Bloomberg can be mad though, its the failed poilicies of his political ilk that caused this situation in the first place.
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

User Tag List