Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thieves targeting gun-owners with bumper stickers in Norfolk, VA

Thieves targeting gun-owners with bumper stickers in Norfolk, VA

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51376730/n.../#.UVmLExdO_xM

Thieves look for bumper stickers, then burglarize homes for guns.

I keep all my firearms in my home gunsafe except for the ones I am carrying or my competition gun locked in a small gunsafe in the trunk, which is tethered to trunk frame with steel cable.

Since I have adult child at home who does not shoot or own a gun, he never has access. No one should be able to claim I didn't take adequate precautions.

CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I took the Glock sticker off my car years ago. I know I own guns. I don't need a reminder.

Site Supporter
    No bumper stickers for me. However I do occasionally wear this t-shirt.
    I wonder what kind of people it might attract.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Stickers on cars in general go against principles but I make it a point to advertise what I may or may not have anywhere, especially my car. The region I live in is full of people who wish to tell the world about all the cool things they want people to think they have.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Same reason I didn't use my NRA bumper sticker.

I just love those Soccer-mobiles with the little stickers of the whole family on them. Nothing like telling complete strangers how many boys & girls you have plus how many dogs (if any) to compromise your PERSEC.

I've seen a few that apparently belong to single mothers, not that I have a problem with that, as they only show a "woman" sticker without a "man" sticker. Hopefully those Moms are packin'.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    I just love those Soccer-mobiles with the little stickers of the whole family on them. Nothing like telling complete strangers how many boys & girls you have plus how many dogs (if any) to compromise your PERSEC.
    That's why you get cats in addition to your dogs. Let them know the dogs are there, because if they still care to attack you then the only thing that will actually have an effect is an angry mother-effin cat. Case in point: Military Working Cat Program Underway at The Old Guard
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Which is why i removed all LEO and firearms stickers from both my vehicles years ago. Some retired LEO's are getting those Retired LE license plates, which I also think is a mistake. My goal is to be anonymous.

Keep your vehicles clean. Wear a hat.

I find that NoVA drivers give me a wider berth ever since I replaced by "Baby On Board" decal with a white silhouette of an AR-15 spanning the width of my rear window.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

User Tag List