Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picture of Child Holding a Gun Prompts Police Probe

Picture of Child Holding a Gun Prompts Police Probe

If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Yup. Depending on where in the country he lived, that kid would be in serious trouble. It'd probably generate a bunch of calls for with the new "KWAG" acronym. His parents would become social pariahs in fifteen minutes and would have to move to Alaska to regain their lives.

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Yup. Depending on where in the country he lived, that kid would be in serious trouble. It'd probably generate a bunch of calls for with the new "KWAG" acronym. His parents would become social pariahs in fifteen minutes and would have to move to Alaska to regain their lives.

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.
    Sadly, I remember doing just that (riding on a bike with a toy gun) only twenty years ago or so. Nobody cared, it was just kids being kids.

We played with water guns at school in 4th grade. In one high-school history class, I brought in a 3" air cannon which the class got to shoot for a Civil War project. We also had an after school gaming club in middle-school and high school, playing Unreal Tournament and Counter-Strike in the school's computer lab. If there was ever a mass-murderer who played video games, one of those two were always named as the devil's work, responsible for creating a psychopath. Damned kids and their evil video games, all mass murderers in the making I tell ya.

There's a few rural, traditional families still in my sisters' school district. They bring her venison every year........I'm predicting one year they'll get in trouble for such because of some liberal school official. All that violence and raw meat, can't be bringing that into the sterile, safe, nurturing school environment.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In kindergarten one kid brought a civil war pistol to show and tell (parent was there). This was in ny too. There were no problems. The world is so screwed up now.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    We played with water guns at school in 4th grade. In one high-school history class, I brought in a 3" air cannon which the class got to shoot for a Civil War project. We also had an after school gaming club in middle-school and high school, playing Unreal Tournament and Counter-Strike in the school's computer lab. If there was ever a mass-murderer who played video games, one of those two were always named as the devil's work, responsible for creating a psychopath. Damned kids and their evil video games, all mass murderers in the making I tell ya.

There's a few rural, traditional families still in my sisters' school district. They bring her venison every year........I'm predicting one year they'll get in trouble for such because of some liberal school official. All that violence and raw meat, can't be bringing that into the sterile, safe, nurturing school environment.
    My younger brother's school put on a production of Oklahoma. There was quite a controversy over the idea of the cast having cap guns.

I heard some of the parents discussing this outside the auditorium like it was an actual discussion to have. "Well we can't have guns in the school."

Young, opinionated, brash as I was, I couldn't help myself: "Unless you're planning to go to the gunstore, fill out the forms, and buy a bunch of single action revolvers for the cast, what you are discussing aren't 'guns'. They are inert pieces of plastic that can't be loaded with live ammunition and make no more than a pop. They're not guns in the same way that none of the cast is actually cowboys, and the sets aren't actually Oklahoma."

Annoyed parent: "It's a gun! There's no difference!"

More annoyed TC: "Tell ya what, chief...take one of those prop guns, load it, and point it at your left foot. Then take a Colt Annoconda, load it, and point it at your right foot. Pull both triggers simultaneously and tell me how there's no difference. The laws of physics, logic, and of the United States clearly disagree with the idea that those little hunks of plastic are real guns."

I got the sense from the room that my input wasn't welcome seeing as how I was young and insisted on applying logic to what was clearly intended to be an opportunity for hysterics about children. Having had real guns pointed at me in school (Jersey, baby!) I wasn't really tolerant of the viewpoint of a bunch of pacifist dipwads worried that being exposed to a firearm-shaped hunk of plastic would turn their children into monsters.

They should have been worried about their kids being exposed to STDs from all the shenanigans going on among the cast members...but that's another story.
    3/15/2016

TC's stories and rants should be made into a book (or series of books.) I feel they could rival the writings of the great George Carlin for brutally clear insight and hilarity.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

It's like we live in two countries.
    Here in the southwest, the above picture of my son not only hangs in my wife's office (she works for the state family services division, same office as child protective) but also hangs on the wall of a regional federal law enforcement supervisor.
    Nothing but compliments.
    The Border Patrol "uniform" would get him more dirty looks than the AR out in public.

There is no way I could live amongst the virulently stupid in the liberal areas of our country.
    I have no idea how you northeasterners put up with that crap on a daily basis.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Mad as hell...

This story made me so mad all I could think of is, "By God, I'd sue somebody....I'd sue EVERYBODY!" And I don't ever believe in suing anyone. I hope the cops were the voice of sanity at the scene but I can't tell. I just keep thinking about how it was in my small town in high school 35 years ago. There were rifles in several racks in the pickups on the lot. Nobody would have thought to call the cops about it. If the principal would have seen one boy taking one out of the rack and showing another boy his coyote or bird gun there on the school lot, he would have yelled "You boys better #?%#! be careful and put that gun up!". Nobody would have called the cops or DFPS for that, much less for picture. I know this kid is much younger, but he is not mugging like a gang banger with a Tec-9, a bandana, and a handful of cash while smoking a blunt at age 12...and I bet the CS child welfare nannies wouldn't roll a unit on that.
    Glad to be in Texas.

User Tag List