Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD to Decriminalize Small Amounts of Marijuana....

MD to Decriminalize Small Amounts of Marijuana....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...washingtonpost

So lemme get this straight:

The 2nd Amendment, which is an individual right that cannot be infringed, isn't really as much of a 'right' that can't be 'infringed' as we originally thought. However, marijuana (which I don't use, but feel like we should tax/regulate), which is a Class 1 drug, is probably not so dangerous in small quantities and we should just not bother prosecuting it the same way after 76 years.

If I have this correct, soon you'll only be able to carry a 1 shot derringer, but you'll have no problem carrying a 6 ft hi-cap bong slinged over your shoulder?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Sure different in Virginia

A person who possesses a firearm while possessing Schedule I or II drugs, such as cocaine, heroine, LSD or illegal mushrooms, is guilty of a Class 6 felony. If the firearm is on or about his or her person, he or she also faces two to five years in prison, two years of which is a mandatory minimum sentence. If the person is found guilty of possessing a firearm and possessing the drugs with intent to distribute them, he or she faces a mandatory minimum five years in the penitentiary. The same mandatory sentence applies if the person possesses a firearm and more than a pound of marijuana. Virginia Code § 18.2-308.4.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Sen. Robert A. Zirkin (D-Baltimore County), the bill’s sponsor, said the Maryland legislation would affect “a small-time possessor” caught with up to 10 grams of marijuana, the equivalent of two joints.
    Holy crap.

Those are some huge joints!

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    A person who possesses a firearm while possessing Schedule I or II drugs, such as cocaine, heroine, LSD or illegal mushrooms, is guilty of a Class 6 felony. If the firearm is on or about his or her person, he or she also faces two to five years in prison, two years of which is a mandatory minimum sentence.
    Wait wait wait wait wait... if a VA resident is legally prescribed Adderall (a Schedule II substance), he cannot legally posses firearms? And if said resident takes his legally prescribed Adderall, he would be subject to a minimum mandatory sentence of two years in prison if he then carried his firearm in accordance with a legal permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Holy crap.

Those are some huge joints!

Quote Originally Posted by NMBigfoot02 View Post
    Does it taste like Doberman?

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by NMBigfoot02 View Post
    I guess I want the only person to have a flashback to "Let's Make a Dope Deal" upon reading that...

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    If I have this correct, soon you'll only be able to carry a 1 shot derringer, but you'll have no problem carrying a 6 ft hi-cap bong slinged over your shoulder?
    Not in Maryland, at least the part about carrying the derringer.......

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Not in Maryland, at least the part about carrying the derringer.......
    Especially with their new AWB around the corner... No bueno for MD residents.

Concerning the pot, I could care less, light it up. It'll save money and lives on both sides of the fence.

User Tag List