Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR: Glock Armorers Course (03/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    My personal version is SMARMY -
    Shooter
    Maintenance,
    Ammo,
    Really are you sure about the shooter?,
    Mechanical Failure,
    Yeah it turned out to be the shooter.
    Where is the "sustained applause" smiley?

I am curious: why does oil attract morons? I don't get it. I mean, yeah, blah blah blah "5 drops of oil lubes a Glock per the manual" but I've always been under the impression that mo' oil (at least on metal to metal moving parts) = mo' better.
    Last edited by TR675; 03-25-2013 at 02:20 PM.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    My personal version is SMARMY
    Dude. That's excellent. If you thought that up yourself, take a bow.

Todd (and others), the reason that was passed on to be by a reputable source in Glock for the change to Zytel was that a LEO in the Southeastern US (presumably one positioned to place a fairly large order) mandated a recoil spring guide capable of sustaining 1K rounds of presumably continuous (or nearly continuous) firing without losing its integrity (i.e., melting).

Yeah, it struck me as pretty silly as well. However, the Zytel has worked well over the years since it's introduction, and is a bit stiffer than the previous polymer recoil spring guide, perhaps cutting into the rationale of the after-market cottage industry for the "need" of a steel or tungsten recoil spring guide...

I imagine mall ninjas throughout the world collectively rejoice at the opportunities awaiting to use their saddle-drum magazines without harming the RSA. Now we just need a belt-fed version of the G18...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Nice review of the course. I'm taking this class next week, should be a fun day off work.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Many brands/models will still function with the trigger return spring broke. For SIG, we used to claim the same thing with the quiet caveat that the gun would have to be held upside down while it was fired... but on paper, "fires even with the trigger return spring broken."
    It's been a while, but I believe that was demonstrated in my Glock Armorer's Course. Someone quipped that was why gangstas hold their gun sideways.

This thread is a good read. Did the topic of Gen 4 Glocks reportedly being more accurate and why that is so come up? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    This thread is a good read. Did the topic of Gen 4 Glocks reportedly being more accurate and why that is so come up? Thanks.
    +1 good read. And good follow up question.

Todd!!! You are skeptical of most of the Glock issued talking points EXCEPT the fish gills one. "Art is the end of science and the beginning of Nature" (Lee) I'll take the gills on every Glock any time. lol

PS - That TRB on the Warren would have been sure with gills.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    It's been a while, but I believe that was demonstrated in my Glock Armorer's Course. Someone quipped that was why gangstas hold their gun sideways.

That's actually funny!! Someone gives Gangsta's WAY too much credit...

User Tag List