Page 81 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    My Facebook thread today had the official announcement from Beretta for the return of the Vertec. I realize new ones have already been reported on this thread, but it is nice to hear an official announcement. Also Beretta was good enough to renew their rostered status in Kalifornia.

Site Supporter
    I want a black Vertec or, more optimally, a black M9A3.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    My Facebook thread today had the official announcement from Beretta for the return of the Vertec. I realize new ones have already been reported on this thread, but it is nice to hear an official announcement. Also Beretta was good enough to renew their rostered status in Kalifornia.
    The M9A3 and Brig Tac aren't rostered in Kali, but the components thereof allowed the return of the Vertec and G-SD, which still are Sneaky Italians!

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The M9A3 and Brig Tac aren't rostered in Kali, but the components thereof allowed the return of the Vertec and G-SD, which still are Sneaky Italians!
    Yup.

I have spent my mind's free time today thinking about how I may be able to build up my very own M9A3 (or at least inspired) pistol this year.

Yup.

I have spent my mind's free time today thinking about how I may be able to build up my very own M9A3 (or at least inspired) pistol this year.
    Vertec + rattlecan? Yeah, you'd have to find the safety levers too.

Just as well-the threaded barrel IIRC is a no-no in California.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Pretty much, although instead of a rattle can, I'd go with something a lot more professional. Who knows, maybe a trip to the Allegheny Mountains or Arkansas? The threaded barrel would be a no no in Kalifornia but wouldn't really be a deal breaker. The safety levers would be interesting to try out, but I must be one of the few people alive who has never had any issues with the original safety levers.

Pretty much, although instead of a rattle can, I'd go with something a lot more professional. Who knows, maybe a trip to the Allegheny Mountains or Arkansas? The threaded barrel would be a no no in Kalifornia but wouldn't really be a deal breaker. The safety levers would be interesting to try out, but I must be one of the few people alive who has never had any issues with the original safety levers.
    Some good 92 smiths in Arkansas, I hear.

.....but I must be one of the few people alive who has never had any issues with the original safety levers.
    That's just unpossible. The original safety levers are a spawn of Mussolini's accursed ghost and will render your Beretta inert at the slightest untoward glance. Then you'll die in the Streetz when the Ninjas get ya!
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I'm with Suvorov, the standard FS levers and safety system don't bother me. I do have long fingers and thumbs. I currently have one of the new release Brigs. I got the steel trigger + D spring combo from Beretta and a Wolff trigger return spring. About as bullet proof as a Beretta gets. Yet I'm not sure it fits my needs. I'm thinking I might be better served with one of the new compacts offered. For me this means a trade. How is the "shootability" of the new compacts? Any differences from the full size, positive or negative?

User Tag List