Page 62 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

back to the new pistol:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Local shop has an Inox 92 in stock today. Straight sided dust cover and it lacked the...oh shoot, what's it called...the indentation on the back straps of 92's since the late nineties to make them fit smaller hands. Anyway, what I mean is, this pistol was labelled "92FS" but appears to have an M9 frame...except for the silver finish, of course. Is this common practice on the Inox pistols, or is someone in Maryland just randomly grabbing frames and slides out of a crate and assembling them into complete pistols without regard to any firm guidance as to what frame and what slide belong together?

ETA: GJM, I'm digging the VZ grips in your pictures as much or more as I am the new pistol. Those are sharp.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogdad View Post
    Local shop has an Inox 92 in stock today. Straight sided dust cover and it lacked the...oh shoot, what's it called...the indentation on the back straps of 92's since the late nineties to make them fit smaller hands. Anyway, what I mean is, this pistol was labelled "92FS" but appears to have an M9 frame...except for the silver finish, of course. Is this common practice on the Inox pistols, or is someone in Maryland just randomly grabbing frames and slides out of a crate and assembling them into complete pistols without regard to any firm guidance as to what frame and what slide belong together?

Vertec?

ETA: GJM, I'm digging the VZ grips in your pictures as much or more as I am the new pistol. Those are sharp.

Is it new or used?

Used Inox pistols had the old-school M9 frame before Beretta switched to the bigger dustcover.Those all-silver guns used a stainless steel extractor which can be unreliable.

Having owned two of those guns and seen both go TU for that reason, I'd personally advise any old-fashoned Inox pistol be used for safe queen duty only. The new model two-tone models with the black extractor and small parts are GTG, as are the Inox Elite ones with the same black extractor.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Brand new. Wasnt't there last weekend. All the small parts are black and the dots on the sights are red.

Brand new. Wasnt't there last weekend. All the small parts are black and the dots on the sights are red.
    Perhaps an M9 frame found its way onto the wrong finishing table? Functionally it wouldn't hurt, so long as its new I'd rock it ....yet, IMO, any Beretta fans here should wait for the new derivatives to be released. A G Model Brigadier won't hold much interest to the casual shooters gun companies typically market to. Time to put our money where our mouths have been for the last ten odd years, otherwise it is unlikely Beretta will ever stray from the tried and true legacy models again.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Perhaps an M9 frame found its way onto the wrong finishing table? Functionally it wouldn't hurt, so long as its new I'd rock it ....yet, IMO, any Beretta fans here should wait for the new derivatives to be released. A G Model Brigadier won't hold much interest to the casual shooters gun companies typically market to. Time to put our money where our mouths have been for the last ten odd years, otherwise it is unlikely Beretta will ever stray from the tried and true legacy models again.
    I can swear that I have seen this happen in the past few years. I know that the Maryland plant was pretty much devoted a few years back to turning out M9s to meet the DoD contracts so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are utilized left over M9 frames on civilian guns once the contract was complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I can swear that I have seen this happen in the past few years. I know that the Maryland plant was pretty much devoted a few years back to turning out M9s to meet the DoD contracts so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are utilized left over M9 frames on civilian guns once the contract was complete.
    Or simply used the CNC machines to cut civilian frames in the M9 pattern to expedite manufacture of 9mm specific model runs. Most people will not be able to tell the difference.

Have we heard anything more about the appearance of the 92G Vertec at AUSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Have we heard anything more about the appearance of the 92G Vertec at AUSA?
    Okay, it's late and my mind is moving slow - what is "AUSA"?

User Tag List