Page 60 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is a good looking pistol in your post -- is that your Beretta 92? I think the grips on your pistol are made by VZ.
    No, not mine. That's a pic from the Wilson site - does VZ make grips for Wilson? Perhaps I should've linked this pic.

My only Beretta is a stock M9, but I'm very tempted by what I've been hearing, and ever since Ernest let me put a few rounds through his Wilson Custom Beretta I've been looking...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I have heard Wilson is doing a lot of Beretta work lately, but I haven't gone to their site and pored over the pictures. Have a link?

I think a CZ SP01 Shadow, tuned by Mink, CZ Custom or similar, is a better pure game gun. However, the Beretta 92 is a gun that you can game in Production and IDPA, carry concealed and use as a general defensive pistol, in a thoroughly vetted and supported platform. My buddy, who just made A shooting a P226, was favorably impressed shooting my 92 recently. I believe Ernest Langdon recently made GM with a 92, Willshoot did, and obviously Stoeger kicked butt with a 92.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Hmmn..metal trigger, Brigadier slide, traditional trigger guard design....SAO, perhaps?
    Check the slide

OK, here is another clue:

92G

And if you look at the upper edge of the side of the slide flat just in front of the serrations, it swoops up. $10 says there's a Brigadier slide on this baby.
    Last edited by Jesting Devil; 10-16-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesting Devil View Post
    Check the slide

92G

And if you look at the upper edge of the side of the slide flat just in front of the serrations, it swoops up. $10 says there's a Brigadier slide on this baby.
    Yup, from the looks of it, definitely a 92G Brig slide. But I shan't say more

I have heard Wilson is doing a lot of Beretta work lately, but I haven't gone to their site and pored over the pictures. Have a link?
    Here is the Wilson link. http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-b...eid=04e8246583

For those looking for the VZ grips for the Beretta 92 https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92

Not a Beretta guy at all. By that I mean no experience. Whats a Brigadier slide and why is it apparently desireable?

I think a CZ SP01 Shadow, tuned by Mink, CZ Custom or similar, is a better pure game gun. However, the Beretta 92 is a gun that you can game in Production and IDPA, carry concealed and use as a general defensive pistol, in a thoroughly vetted and supported platform. My buddy, who just made A shooting a P226, was favorably impressed shooting my 92 recently. I believe Ernest Langdon recently made GM with a 92, Willshoot did, and obviously Stoeger kicked butt with a 92.
    Don't you shoot one?

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    Not a Beretta guy at all. By that I mean no experience. Whats a Brigadier slide and why is it apparently desireable?
    Regular 92= 1500 Chevy Truck

92 Brigadier=2500 HD . Bigger, with changeable dovetail sights as a result.

Its also prettier, in my opinion. Yours may vary.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Some photos of a friend's Steel I, with VZ grips modified by AGW to fit the Vertec frame and cut for the frame-mounted safety.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Regular 92= 1500 Chevy Truck

92 Brigadier=2500 HD . Bigger, with changeable dovetail sights as a result.

Its also prettier, in my opinion. Yours may vary.
    The Brig slide is slightly thicker, and has a pronounced hump on either side. As I understand it, it was originally designed for the .40-caliber guns used by the Border Patrol, but was chosen for the Elite series because it had dovetailed front sights. With the advent of the Vertec slide, you can have the dovetailed front sight and still fit standard 92/M9 holsters, so there are a lot of folks who prefer that. Most of my 92 time is behind an Elite, so I'm used to the Brig slide and find the standard 92/M9 slide light and fluffy.

User Tag List