Page 59 of 323 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Have we seen any indications that Brigadier slides are back in production? Especially now with the Vertec 92G appearing at AUSA, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vertec upper paired with a M9A1 lower (though I hope sans lanyard loop). I seem to recall that Ernie and Todd have been trying to get Beretta to offer that particular combination for years - hopefully they listened. I think most would consider a Vertec slide more desirable than the Brigadier slide - better holster compatability. Wasn't part of the motivation for using the Brigadier slide to make the 92G Elite pistols visually distinctive from their FS counterparts (for litigious reasons)? If Beretta is now producing standard 92Gs for consumer sale, I'd say they're over that particular legal hurdle.

I'm interested in learning the nitty-gritty, particularly the price and if any Wilson parts are in this pistol...
    I'd guesstimate the new gun pictured has a Brigadier slide, G configuration, 4.7" barrel and Vertec frame. Beretta's taken a PR beating for the 92FS being unfriendly to small handed shooters, and with women having a bigger role in the shooting world it makes good business sense to offer a gun which the fastest growing customer base can shoot comfortably.

The holster issue, IMO, is overstated. BladeTech offers one for the Brigadier slide size, and most of the non-pf.com crowd will be carrying these in cases to the competition site rather then IWB anyways. When the average Joe thinks "Carry Pistol", Beretta 92 is the last thing to come to mind.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The holster issue, IMO, is overstated. BladeTech offers one for the Brigadier slide size
    Blade Tech has a holster for a Beretta with a Brig slide and railed frame?

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    I have a BladeTech IWB holster made for the Brigadier Elite which does fit an M9A1 & 96A1 ,with some adjustment for the latter. PM me for details .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Funny, I know a guy who shoots one of those...

I was in a class with Ernest Langdon this past weekend. He and a couple of Beretta aficianados were squealing like school girls about new offerings. Now I wish I had paid more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    the OWB for the Elite fits the 92G-SD as well. You can tighten it down and it works with a Vertec and M9A1 frame but not the 92A1.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

OK, here is another clue:

GJM - thanks for the preview, as it starts to answer one of my questions. I guess there is some Wilson in there...at least the grips!

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Looks like a Brigadier slide. The grips look like VZ grips so I'm guessing its the standard, non-Vertec grip profile. The frame looks like a hybrid of the 92a1 and M9a1 frames. I'm interested.

GJM - thanks for the preview, as it starts to answer one of my questions. I guess there is some Wilson in there...at least the grips!

That is a good looking pistol in your post -- is that your Beretta 92? I think the grips on your pistol are made by VZ.

Hmmn..metal trigger, Brigadier slide, traditional trigger guard design....SAO, perhaps?
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List