Page 54 of 323 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

The 92Gs are "allocated" at Lipsey's and may be hard to get ahold of. I'm debating between snagging one from Gunbroker or waiting for this mysterious special edition model that's supposed to come out next month...

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    The 92Gs are "allocated" at Lipsey's and may be hard to get ahold of. I'm debating between snagging one from Gunbroker or waiting for this mysterious special edition model that's supposed to come out next month...
    Any idea about what it might be? Any chance of a Vertec?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Any idea about what it might be? Any chance of a Vertec?
    Unfortunately, I have no idea. If you read back a few pages in this thread, there are comments from members who apparently know but aren't at liberty to say.

Site Supporter
    Yesterday I tried to be patriotic and bought a Beretta 92 FS compact (w/ the M9A1 type frame), due in no small part to this thread. I'm a Glock guy, not by choice, but due to being issued one for most of a decade. Since it was my duty pistol, I purchased several Glocks for backup, off duty carry, and personal practice. I can run Glocks very well, and am the defending two-time department pistol champion. However, I started my pistol shooting with a Sig P220 DA/SA years ago, and shoot DA revolvers regularly. I wanted something different than a Glock (I've already been down the M&P and XD roads) and decided to give Beretta a try.

That said I have some questions to those who have run a 92 for a while.

Are there any grips available that are thinner than the stock plastic panels? I have large palms, but short fingers. I am going to order the short reach trigger, and already have a "D" hammer spring on the way.

Is the Wolff trigger spring conversion unit worth the time? I already ordered spare factory trigger return springs just in case (I've already dry fired it at least 800-1000 times already)

Will polishing internals (hammer notches, sear, trigger bar) help smooth out the trigger pull? I've always polished the trigger bar and connector on my Glocks, but this is my first hammer fired pistol to work on.

Has anyone used the Wilson Combat Beretta 92 rear sight? It looks like it gives a very 10-8/ Warren Tactical type sight picture (I run Warren Tactical rears on my Glocks).

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    Mine was a phone call away and arrived at my FFL the following day. Look at it this way- if you get one, and don't like it, you should have very little trouble selling it.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 09-13-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Are there any grips available that are thinner than the stock plastic panels? I have large palms, but short fingers.
    The VZ grips are supposed to be a little thinner. https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92

I received an email from them yesterday, telling me they are having a three day sale. I forgot you said "compact". I don't know if VZ offers their grips for the compacts.

I've seen a few posts over the years from guys with smaller hands recommending the Hogue rubber panels, not the wrap arounds, just the side panels, as something that helps them. http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...oducts_id=4197

VZ grips are a little thinner. I have a set of the golf ball pattern and I like them, but for the life of me I don't understand why they only texture the lower portion of the grip. I went back to a stippled set of their OEM panels, I need more texture higher up on the panel.

For those that are eligible, here's $50 off that new 92G...includes Veterans.

Beretta 2014 American Military Program
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post

Are there any grips available that are thinner than the stock plastic panels? I have large palms, but short fingers. I am going to order the short reach trigger, and already have a "D" hammer spring on the way.

Is the Wolff trigger spring conversion unit worth the time? I already ordered spare factory trigger return springs just in case (I've already dry fired it at least 800-1000 times already)

Will polishing internals (hammer notches, sear, trigger bar) help smooth out the trigger pull? I've always polished the trigger bar and connector on my Glocks, but this is my first hammer fired pistol to work on.

Has anyone used the Wilson Combat Beretta 92 rear sight? It looks like it gives a very 10-8/ Warren Tactical type sight picture (I run Warren Tactical rears on my Glocks).
    Fitting Vertec grips slims it down quite a bit. They should also be cheaper than VZ. You might wanna try that before spending money on short trigger and VZs. I personally find both mods, slim grips and short trigger, excessive. Problem is I can't choose one of them.

I don't like Wolff unit for the quality of trigger pull, and chose to stay on top of preventative maintenance.

Yes, there are some references on Beretta Forum in regards to polishing internals, and Josh at AGW does what's known as a trigger job in a box, when you send him parts and slide only. He also sells triggers with delrin ot stop, many like them.
    I personally feel that Elite hammers improve trigger pull too, but that's purely subjective.

I thought the benefit of the Elite hammer was reliable ignition, not trigger pull?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List