Page 39 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you are interested, Wilson can mod your front sight to take a FO element. I think a Centurion with a FO front and CT laser grips a great carry combo.
    Yes I had seen that. The installation looks pretty slick and possibly a little more durable than the typical fiber optic. In addition, I think ToolTech will install tritium in the sights as well.

As a guy with a 1911 with a staked front sight (I have 3 white dots on my 1911 just like the 92FS), I often wonder if I'd actually prefer the fixed front sight of the Beretta 92FS since I wouldn't have to worry about it sheering off.
    Last edited by JTQ; 07-08-2014 at 06:48 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well if you don't do it, don't hold back and let some of us looking for Berettas in on the secret.

-Rob
    It was in the showcase for $525 at Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett, NH, but it was gone when we went back, which is probably a good thing.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    the grail is for sale. I've bought a gun from the seller.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=427201768

<90 minute drive to Chapin, SC..... Dangit.
    So tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I've been shooting my 92G Centurion in IDPA quite a bit lately. The night sights are 20 years old and useless so I covered the entire front sight with 3M reflective tape. The rear was replaced with a Brigadier rear to correct POI. For my eyes, that's a great combination. Only 2 people out of 63 had lower points down than I did at yesterday's match, which included part of the barricade stage of the IDPA Classifier. So, it doesn't seem limiting to me.
    Is this the rear with the two red dots?

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Is this the rear with the two red dots?
    It had two white dots when I bought several from CDNN. I blacked them out with a Sharpie because I don't like dots, front or rear, at all.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

FYI - I have no association with these guys - Robertson Trading Post in Henderson, Tennessee, has four Beretta 92FS hanging out. They are Benton County Sheriff (Washington State) trade-ins, I picked up one for $434 shipped ($419 + 15 bucks shipping). I emailed with Andy and spoke on the phone with James, either will be happy to help, if anyone is looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    FYI - I have no association with these guys - Robertson Trading Post in Henderson, Tennessee, has four Beretta 92FS hanging out. They are Benton County Sheriff (Washington State) trade-ins, I picked up one for $434 shipped ($419 + 15 bucks shipping). I emailed with Andy and spoke on the phone with James, either will be happy to help, if anyone is looking for one.
    PM sent.

I went today to check out the Beretta selection at the local shop... I'm hankering for a Compact but not entirely sold just yet. Whatever I decide on will be shipped to Wilson Combat for the G conversion and other upgrades.

Anyway, I asked to look at a used Vertec in the case and the sales guy asked me what I was after. I told him my intentions and he launched into a tirade about how crap Berettas were, saying how he'd used them in combat and that he'd take a Tokarev over a Beretta any day. I... must have really hit a nerve with him. It was very uncomfortable.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    I went today to check out the Beretta selection at the local shop... I'm hankering for a Compact but not entirely sold just yet. Whatever I decide on will be shipped to Wilson Combat for the G conversion and other upgrades.

Anyway, I asked to look at a used Vertec in the case and the sales guy asked me what I was after. I told him my intentions and he launched into a tirade about how crap Berettas were, saying how he'd used them in combat and that he'd take a Tokarev over a Beretta any day. I... must have really hit a nerve with him. It was very uncomfortable.
    And let's hope that he was slightly more successful in combat than he apparently is as a salesperson....And more knowledgeable about what he's talking about...

Best, Jon

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    saying how he'd used them in combat
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List