Page 164 of 323 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Order site is up. Ordered 2 all black .290 but listed as backordered. Will call tomorrow to follow up and through in some begging about continuing production.

Just over a week after shooting a WC 92G BrigTac, I bought a compact. Holster is on the way.

I don't know if this was already hashed out in the thread, but I did find a few annoyances with the pistol, especially given it carries the moniker "compact carry":

1. Why doesn't it use a low profile or single side decocker?

2. Why not slim grips as standard?

3. There are some sharp edges where the trigger guard meets with the grip that are tearing up my knuckle.

Minor annoyances, but items 1 and 2 are things I will probably add down the road, along with the action upgrade and a mag guide.

Does anyone know where I could source baseplates? Preferably a completely flat baseplate or the mecgar + 2 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    There are some sharp edges where the trigger guard meets with the grip that are tearing up my knuckle.

Minor annoyances, but items 1 and 2 are things I will probably add down the road, along with the action upgrade and a mag guide.
    If you're going to send it back to Wilson for the action tune anyway, I recommend having them aggressively dehorn the frame and refinish in Armor Tuff. My Brigadier Tactical had a real hot spot in the same place you mention. It wasn't a big deal for the average range trip, but definitely something I noticed during a two day class with Ernest Langdon. The dehorn seems to have done the trick, and the Armor Tuff is nice.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Order site is up. Ordered 2 all black .290 but listed as backordered. Will call tomorrow to follow up and through in some begging about continuing production.
    Where are you finding the site? I am looking at Google now and all I can find is the link GJM kindly provided.

http://novak.hydrabackoffice.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9524

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    If you're going to send it back to Wilson for the action tune anyway, I recommend having them aggressively dehorn the frame and refinish in Armor Tuff. My Brigadier Tactical had a real hot spot in the same place you mention. It wasn't a big deal for the average range trip, but definitely something I noticed during a two day class with Ernest Langdon. The dehorn seems to have done the trick, and the Armor Tuff is nice.
    When I got my Compact, I had them do an action job with their trigger bar, a dehorn and Armor Tuff, and the finished product was outstanding!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I was planning on doing the action upgrade kit where the end user is responsible for the fitting. A trip to Wilson seems dangerous to my allotted personal budget. If it's there for a dehorn and refinish, why not get the front sight drilled for a fiber optic? And on it goes...

I'll get it on the range Monday before I start to worry about changes. Slim grips are the only one I'm really set on right now.

The little section at the bottom of the grip causes my right hand pinky to move forward and crush into my wedding band...guess I'm going to be shooting without rings on for range time. There are always nits to pick, but I am pretty stoked with the pistol. It is the perfect size for being easy to conceal without really giving anything up on the range, and it's a nice enough gun that I'd be proud to pass it on one day.

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Does anyone know where I could source baseplates? Preferably a completely flat baseplate or the mecgar + 2 ones.
    I'll check if stand base plates work on a compact magazine...

BTW - instead of running a +2 magazine, perhaps consider reloading to a full-size magazine: more bb's.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'll check if stand base plates work on a compact magazine...

BTW - instead of running a +2 magazine, perhaps consider reloading to a full-size magazine: more bb's.
    True. My main goal if to get rid of the stupid standard baseplates it has now. I'll use the compact mags for carry in the gun and a fullsize mag on the range or as a reload, as the 13 rounders cost 2x as much as a mec gar 15 rd mag.
    Last edited by texag; 05-25-2016 at 06:17 AM.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, the baseplates are interchangeable between standard and compact mags. Furthermore, the mag "guts" (spring, follower, etc.), are identical. I've occasionally seen compact mags for sale with the flat baseplates, but can't recall exactly where.

User Tag List