Page 110 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Same here. M9a1G is a great way to go

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    Clean your extractors Gents.

At my last match I had a double feed with my Elite II. Though I haven't entirely ruled out a mag issue I figured it was time to give the extractor a clean. I haven't done it since I bought the gun, over 6K rounds ago...

This is the chunk of filth that came off it:

This is the extractor channel, note you can't see the firing pin spring.

There it is! That big chunk of crap was sitting on top of it. The chunks of carbon are semi hard and don't break up when you take them out. It's all clean and lubed now. I kinda feel bad for treating it that way....sorta.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
    I have noticed the same phenomenon with my 92FS. The extractor needs to be removed and it and the channel cleaned every few thousand rounds. The gunk builds up to the point I am surprised the extractor can grab the case at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Did you guys re stake your extractor retaining pin? Gonna need to do that to mine soon, and wondering if/how I'm gonna re stake the pin.

No, I didn't re-stake it. It went in fairly snugly and I doubt that I will have an issue with it coming out. It's a good point though and I'll probably re-stake it.

On my Girsan I had to re-stake it twice, but it wasn't hard with a small hammer and punch.

I've removed my training pistol's extractor several times and haven't needed to restake it yet.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've removed my training pistol's extractor several times and haven't needed to restake it yet.
    I haven't needed to either. The option is always there, but the pins already fit pretty tightly.

I am doing a Gunsite course in October with the Brig Tac.

I find the 92 much harder to reload than the Glock and CZ, and have been working Beretta dry fire reloads hard. It has been somewhat frustrating, as I will have a really good run, and then bobble some reloads, for no apparent reason. I spent some time trying to figure out the issue, including looking at the magazine and magwell dimension. On the Brig Tac, the sweet spot seems to be dead center or biased forward -- meaning a miss slightly forward goes in, where being off rearward or either side, bounces the magazine off. This is reverse a P2000, for example, where the front of the mag well has plastic protruding down, waiting to foul a reload.

So far, this new approach seems to be yielding more consistent, good reloads, and when I miss a reload, it seems to be related to an insertion biased rear or to the side. Anyone else noticed something similar?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Would a squirt of gunscrubber or brake cleaner have gotten the gunk off without disassembly?
    I read over on the beretta forum that if you use brake cleaner (or gunscrubber) from the get go, squirting it into the channel, that you will not get the buildup over time. i.e., preventative measure. I've been doing that on my 92, and so far, so good.

George,

Here's my trick: Buy some new MecGar magazines - they have a taper that eliminates the "lip" on the front of the magazine.
    (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-...uctinfo/NW388/ - In case you're wondering...)

Additionally, just for reference, the 18rd MecGar's fit the CZ basepad from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop (http://www.benstoegerproshop.com/CZ-...p/cz-sf1-a.htm)

This mimics the feel of match mags I was running with the CZ. I can now reload my Berettas faster than my CZ. But that's because I've been practicing a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    Clean your extractors Gents.

At my last match I had a double feed with my Elite II. Though I haven't entirely ruled out a mag issue I figured it was time to give the extractor a clean. I haven't done it since I bought the gun, over 6K rounds ago...

What powder are you running? I never really had issues when running titegroup... My practice gun hardly got cleaned except when a TRS would break...

That said, since the Beretta is super easy to field strip - pretty simple to drop parts in the ultrasonic and/or hose off with a bit of one-shot cleaner/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I haven't needed to either. The option is always there, but the pins already fit pretty tightly.
    Likewise I have never restaked mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

User Tag List