Page 11 of 323 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I really like the DAO hammer on there... Were any modifications needed to it or was it drop in?

If my Type M doesn't sell, I'd consider swapping in a DAO hammer

We are diminished
    Somewhere around here I should have a pic of LTT 1, a standard 92G and the first gun Ernest built when he formally started his company. It has a bobbed hammer as did many of the guns he worked on for me (and others). Here's one on a Vertec:

Name:  2-side.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  28.2 KB

No question, the bobbed hammer is a great choice for anyone who doesn't care about thumb-cocking a DA gun. For what it's worth, someone mentioned that the bobbed hammer is the same weight as the Elite hammer. That's not a coincidence. The Elite hammer was specifically designed to have the same weight as the 92D hammer because that weight had proven acceptable in terms of ignition reliability on so many 92D's around the world.

I'll try to remember to pull "LTT 1" out of the safe this weekend and snap a few photos of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    I figured "what the hell, may as well": I bought a 92FS Compact to have it converted to 92G by Josh at Allegheny Gun Works (AGW) - this was my first time dealing with him.

Josh did some not-too-crazy-but-pretty-cool trick stuff to the pistol: Trigger job with speed bump..
    Do you feel the difference between speed bump and regular? I don't know if I can say without side by side comparison. Stock does feel like some overtravel, but not to bad. Basically, this bump is a difference between ESP and SSP divisions for me.

I am waiting on a stock short reach trigger to check it out.

I had to send my slide to Josh after I realized his low-pro lever doesn't work with G models. Could've just sent the lever, but I figured what the hell and sent it the slide and small parts for "parts in the bag" trigger job. The whole thing feels very smooth, but I've not done live fire yet.

The Compact looks like a nice size for CCW. There is an unfired Type M factory G-model being sold on GB, but looks appealing, but I don't want single stack. So far, about 3 hours of dry-fire of Elite II from an appendix rig, it feels appropriately concealable, but I'd defer final opinion until I have carried there loaded and all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

I'll try to remember to pull "LTT 1" out of the safe this weekend and snap a few photos of it.
    Waiting...

Glad to see the Beretta love here

I was up to nine 92 variants earlier this year. I had two 92 compacts. They did balance nicely, but I have to have rubber grips on all my guns. And, the Hogue rubber grip panels for the compact are actually thicker than on the fullsize models. I put up with it for about 2 years, and finallys old the compacts.

To me, the regular, fullsize model (with no rail) is my absolute favorite. It balances the best, and I like the standard grip serrations over the checkered frames. Also, with small hands, I have to go with the curved dustcover frame because of that rear strap indentation. I sold my 92FS that had the straight dustcover. The feel of the grip is no longer "perfect" without that 1 aspect.

So, I went from this (9):

To this now (5, all the same):

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The Elite hammer was specifically designed to have the same weight as the 92D hammer because that weight had proven acceptable in terms of ignition reliability on so many 92D's around the world.

I noticed that the D and EII hammers had the same weight as well... I figured it had to do with how the hammer and "D" spring worked together to hit the primer.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Willshoot: Is that Nano for a full size 92? Or did you get one made in Centurion/Compact size?

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    I really like the DAO hammer on there... Were any modifications needed to it or was it drop in?

If my Type M doesn't sell, I'd consider swapping in a DAO hammer

BTW-this hammer isn't just a DAO hammer - it was a hammer that was re-contoured to match the spurless DAO hammer. This one actually goes into Single action mode.
    I don't know about a type-M, but the hammers just swap. I'll be Josh knows...

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Do you feel the difference between speed bump and regular? I don't know if I can say without side by side comparison. Stock does feel like some overtravel, but not to bad. Basically, this bump is a difference between ESP and SSP divisions for me.
    A bit - not too much. I think where I can tell most is with the reset, it seems to just "click" sooner/more effortlessly.

I'm in the same boat, adding a speed bump takes me out of production division. But on this gun, I just wanted to try it out...

I am waiting on a stock short reach trigger to check it out.
    I think that is a bump to ESP as well... I've got huge hands, so the trigger length/contour never bugged me too much...

The Compact looks like a nice size for CCW. There is an unfired Type M factory G-model being sold on GB, but looks appealing, but I don't want single stack. So far, about 3 hours of dry-fire of Elite II from an appendix rig, it feels appropriately concealable, but I'd defer final opinion until I have carried there loaded and all day long.
    There isn't much weight difference - that nano holster fits a Elite or a 92FS. The main win is that the compact handle is just a bit better to conceal...

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post

So, I went from this (9):

To this now (5, all the same):

You sir, have a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    You sir, have a problem...
    Pretty much. I've owned almost everything under the sun at one point or another - been collecting non stop since around 1997. I've had Berettas come and go. Caught the Beretta bug again about 5 years. Slowly found I liked it more than anything else. Sold most stuff off and got more Berettas.

I have a few other handguns now, but mostly Berettas. Don't really need more than 5 of the same, so, not real interested in taking it back up to 9 again. But yea, I have a slight Beretta "problem"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Pretty much. I've owned almost everything under the sun at one point or another - been collecting non stop since around 1997. I've had Berettas come and go. Caught the Beretta bug again about 5 years. Slowly found I liked it more than anything else. Sold most stuff off and got more Berettas.

I have a few other handguns now, but mostly Berettas. Don't really need more than 5 of the same, so, not real interested in taking it back up to 9 again. But yea, I have a slight Beretta "problem"
    Glad to see shipwreck over here...

The wheel of berettas will live on in legend.

User Tag List