Page 10 of 323 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    I like my GSD a lot - put a steel trigger and guide rod in, replaced the hammer with an E2 hammer, added an extended mag release, swapped slotted screws for silver ones, and replaced the rear sight with a Novak (not in picture)

Thats the pistol I originally wanted... Figured since the rest of my Berettas were in FS configuration, I'd build my own version of it. Great looking gun!

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    From a durability standpoint, I wouldn't regret getting rid of a 96.
    I got rid of mine in about 2 weeks back in 4-98

I will say it was nicely made and pulling back the slide was slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I got rid of mine in about 2 weeks back in 4-98

I will say it was nicely made and pulling back the slide was slick.
    It was indeed slick as kitten.

Todd's recent blog post reminded me of another reason that I'd gotten the 96D. During the AWB, giving up one round of capacity was more palatable than giving up 5 rounds.
    As a cop, I could get standard-capacity mags......I just couldn't kittening afford them! And, it wasn't worth the hassle for only one round.

Full size frame with a 92D Centurion slide being converted to Single Action Only using Billennium frame safety components. Machinist sent me this picture today. Hopefully by tomorrow evening the project will be ready to head home

Anyone reversed a mag catch on these and are there tricks to make it more user friendly that way?
    I'd like to keep a manual of arms similar to one of P30, but I admit I find dropping the mag with trigger finger on a Beretta ain't easy, that spring is stiff.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Anyone reversed a mag catch on these and are there tricks to make it more user friendly that way?
    I'd like to keep a manual of arms similar to one of P30, but I admit I find dropping the mag with trigger finger on a Beretta ain't easy, that spring is stiff.
    I remove the assembly and clip half a coil at a time, reassemble and test. Alternately you could go to an oversized mag release which isn't so oversized when you compare it to a Sig Sauer release.

Oddly, I find the HK mag release harder to work than a Beretta, at least on the USP as the nanny's in Sacramento don't feel the P30 is safe for me to own.

Makes sense, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    It was indeed slick as kitten.

Todd's recent blog post reminded me of another reason that I'd gotten the 96D. During the AWB, giving up one round of capacity was more palatable than giving up 5 rounds.
    As a cop, I could get standard-capacity mags......I just couldn't kittening afford them! And, it wasn't worth the hassle for only one round.
    Yes that part of my reason as well.

Main reason I wanted to go 40 back then was because the 9mm wasn't doing so well.

Now I would like to go back to 9mm because of the good bullets like HST etc! Plus less recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes that part of my reason as well.

Main reason I wanted to go 40 back then was because the 9mm wasn't doing so well.

Now I would like to go back to 9mm because of the good bullets like HST etc! Plus less recoil.
    So would I......but agency I'm with now only authorizes Glock 22/23/27. Any move to 9mm would be strictly training or HD, until policy changes or retirement.

Work has been kittening me lately! These were pics that I wanted to get up a little bit ago...

"David B." posted a lot of nice pictures of Josh's conversions on http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...92G-conversion

I figured "what the hell, may as well": I bought a 92FS Compact to have it converted to 92G by Josh at Allegheny Gun Works (AGW) - this was my first time dealing with him.

Josh did some not-too-crazy-but-pretty-cool trick stuff to the pistol: Trigger job with speed bump and DAO contoured hammer. (I'll post some pictures on the above link...)

I ran ~hundred rounds at when I first got it back, while trying to get the right height Novak sight, then ran another ~100 through it after I resprung with a lighter recoil spring. Noting to report yet... Shoots like all the other Berettas I've got: well.

I've been practicing from AIWB using the Blade-Tech Nano - the draw is getting there, but I think I'm going to have to remove a bit of the sweat guard since it hangs up my thumb sometimes. Running ~1.4s to the first shot on the FAST drill.

I like it... I'm used to these guns now and I'd like to continue to use 'em. Compact isn't much wider than the glock I used to AIWB on occasion (Chicago and all that...)
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 08-16-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added AGW's link.

User Tag List