Page 35 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Couldn't a person make a "DS" by swapping out the hammer on a standard FS for a D hammer and removing the single action sear?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Couldn't a person make a "DS" by swapping out the hammer on a standard FS for a D hammer and removing the single action sear?
    For the first year (maybe two) of DAO production, all Berettas were in fact DS models and the only changes were to remove the sear, replacing it with a spacer in the frame, and I thin bob the hammer. But to be honest I wouldn't swear the hammers were bobbed at first, even.

FYI, there are a couple of police trade-in 92Gs on Gunbroker for like $330. I bought a pair from the same company last year with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    For the first year (maybe two) of DAO production, all Berettas were in fact DS models and the only changes were to remove the sear, replacing it with a spacer in the frame, and I thin bob the hammer. But to be honest I wouldn't swear the hammers were bobbed at first, even.
    Is the frame spacer in place of the sear a must have? I am genuinely curious.

Many do not run the spacer... not sure what, if any, support it provides. I see it more as a place holder, although there doesn't seem to be anything that would fall out of place should it be missing.

The spacer in the frame is really taking the place of the decocking lever that the safety pushes and releases the hammer. It sits in the frame right next to the firing pin block lever. The sear is just simply removed on the D model guns, no spacer there on the guns I have seen. The frames are the same and as Todd said some of the D hammers do/did have sear notches in them so they will work in the DA/SA mode.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Thank you, Mr. Langdon

And I found out yesterday that Beretta made a 92G Vertec Centurion! I did not know such a thing existed. So a compact slide, G, with a dove tail front sight! That would be the bomb on my 92 Compact or an M9A1 Compact!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

That's exactly what I want out of a beretta

Quote Originally Posted by wecole View Post
    I played with this one a bit at AUSA and spoke with the BUSA rep at the booth. This gun was labeled "M9A3 Prototype". It had the captured guiderod spring and internal buffer of the 92A1. It also had safety/decocker levers which went higher than 90 degrees when in the 'fire' position. (This photo seems to show the lever in between the safe and fire position) The rep said that was to reduce the chance of accidentally putting the gun on safe when racking the slide.

I would think that the internal buffer might help a bit with durability. I'm not convinced the safety/decocker lever position would make much of a difference, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually shot a Beretta with that feature.
    This, with a G lever, would be a perfect new Beretta introduction.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List