Page 32 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

How would you safely decock this pistol?

Your far better off having a low profile single sided safety put on your FS slide and running a D hammer IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    On my DA/SA 92, the trigger must be held to the rear while the hammer is lowered. Thus deactivating the FP block .
    Not so on my 92G, Elite II, 92G-SD and 92G Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    How would you safely decock this pistol?
    Umm, just like a CZ with a thumb safety or HK 45 with a variant 9 plate. Place support thumb between hammer and frame, hold hammer with your other thumb, press the trigger, release the trigger, and lower the hammer.

As far as "far better off," I think this falls into the area of individual taste. I got a picture a day or two ago from Bill Wilson, of a 92D, he modified this way.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting... Whatever works for you indeed. FWIW: im a huge fan of the D slide!

Why not like a 1911? Unload pistol, verify clear. Point in safe direction. Pull trigger. (Safety on, in the Beretta's case?) Re-insert loaded magazine. Don't rack the slide.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not so on my 92G, Elite II, 92G-SD and 92G Compact.

Umm, just like a CZ with a thumb safety or HK 45 with a variant 9 plate. Place support thumb between hammer and frame, hold hammer with your other thumb, press the trigger, release the trigger, and lower the hammer.

As far as "far better off," I think this falls into the area of individual taste. I got a picture a day or two ago from Bill Wilson, of a 92D, he modified this way.
    So let me just double check: you put a "D" slide on an FS frame, correct? Because that sounds pants-tighteningly radical. That would mean you'd have an FS hammer for DA/SA shooting, but no stupid safety to snag on things.

/me starts looking at Gunbroker for D series guns now.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    So let me just double check: you put a "D" slide on an FS frame, correct? Because that sounds pants-tighteningly radical. That would mean you'd have an FS hammer for DA/SA shooting, but no stupid safety to snag on things.

Yep.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That sounds hot...and oh look, a 92D on gunbroker for way less than my tax return.

I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post

Here's another advantage: on my 92FS, if I pull the trigger, release it, then lower the hammer it will fall to the half cock notch instead of all the way to the FP.To deckock it manually all the way to the FP I have to hold the trigger back.

Thus, on a "92FS-D", you can start out at half cock instead , similar to how a Sig pistols hammer doesn't rest on the FP when decocked.

I don't want one for anything like serious social work, I just want to make one because it sounds hella rad. What would be really tits would be throw a 92D Compact slide on one of the new 92 Compacts they're making and have a slick side no-safety/compact.

Im sti trying to figure a safe way to completely lower a D hammer on a live round with the trigger pulled to the rear.

I agree that slick slides rock!!!! I cant picture a sexier pistol. I have spare Centurion and full size D slides as a result (and may be convinced to part with some) but safety first...

Looking around on Beretta forum, this topic has been discussed plenty apparently.

I really dig my DAO Centurion and how it carries and shoots. Im gonna go fondle some steel now...

User Tag List