Page 64 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    He is a very bad man.

Okie John
    I am searching for a compact or centurion D slide so I can send him my type L now....

So, to recap...over the past few months Beretta USA has...

1) Released a run of standard 92Gs for commercial sales
    2) Displayed the 92FS and 92G Vertec at AUSA
    3) Apparently is releasing a run of 92FS Brigadiers (on standard frames)

and

4) Is releasing a limited special edition run of 92G Brigadiers (Possibly "Brigadier Tactical") as teased by GJM in this thread

Looks like a real change in trajectory for Beretta USA.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

and

4) Is releasing a limited special edition run of 92G Brigadiers (Possibly "Brigadier Tactical") as teased by GJM in this thread

This is my understanding.

However, there's quite a bit of confusion/conflation with items 3 and 4 on your list on various forums I've been following this on. It doesn't help when terms like "limited run" seem to apply to both of them.

I'm holding out hope for them bringing back the Vertec-G. I actually managed to fondle one at the LGS and that thing felt amazing. Couldn't shoot it since it was a rental, though. FWIW, I can shoot a stock 92FS nearly as well as I do a SIG (which is to say I shoot less like a bag of smashed ass) compared to Glocks and even *gasp* 1911s*.

*Note: going on a good balance of speed and accuracy when I say that. For me, my top 5 for accurate shooting at speed is SIG, Beretta, BHP, H&K and S&W.

ETA: please note I very likely (almost certainly) suck compared to most regular shooters here. I'm just reporting my own experiences with various manufacturers and I have an M&P9 FS that behaves itself in terms of accuracy (translated: I'm not at the stage where I can tell the difference between me and the gun) sitting on my hip as I type this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    M9A1 Compact ordered! That will give me one more "slot" to use before Kalifornia closes the door on us for whatever other goodies Beretta come out with or a Sig MPX :P

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

and

Regarding #3, I just saw FS Brigadiers on a distributor's online catalog. They are showing out of stock, same as they are the 92G's. The Brig's are pictured with wraparound finger groove grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The Brig's are pictured with wraparound finger groove grips.
    no doubt spec'd by someone important
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone on the forum have any online recommendations for a Beretta Dealer? If you do send me a PM. I have always wanted a 92 and would like to shop around when these new models arrive.

I know my dealer/ffl is connected to Lipsey's, so he just ordered mine through them. Fazi's on Saltsburg Rd is also listed as a Lipsey's dealer. Maybe check on Lipsey's site and see what comes up?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The 92G is up on Beretta USA's page with all the other standard production full size pistols. Maybe it's going to be a regular catalog item and not just a limited run.

User Tag List