Page 41 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Beretta 92/M9 pistols actually fit my oversized hands very well. With a "speed bump" trigger and a D spring, they are actually a joy to shoot in DA and SA and they look alot better than all the plastic fantastic handguns out on the market.

I would not give up my Glock 19 as my daily CCW for a 92/M9... but I do have a SME on the way for the Berettas. With a couple smart modifications, it may be a viable daily carry option.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Beretta 92/M9 pistols actually fit my oversized hands very well. With a "speed bump" trigger and a D spring, they are actually a joy to shoot in DA and SA and they look alot better than all the plastic fantastic handguns out on the market.

I would not give up my Glock 19 as my daily CCW for a 92/M9... but I do have a SME on the way for the Berettas. With a couple smart modifications, it may be a viable daily carry option.
    When did you get a G19, Sgt. Riggs?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Name:  Mel_Gibson.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  40.7 KB

I bought a Hi Power recently as well

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    I hate talking to gun shop employees...
    Believe me, your fellow patrons are no fount of clue, either, dude.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Believe me, your fellow patrons are no fount of clue, either, dude.
    I love talking to the employees at Scheels, our local big sporting goods store. For the non-plains folk, Scheels is like a Dicks that sells handguns and has 500 round bricks of .22 LR for 30 bucks. For Midwestern folk, it's like Gander Mountain with more Under Armour.

But anyway, the employees are great because none of them knows a damn thing about guns but they are REALLY. Enthusiastic about saying or doing whatever it takes to get me to buy whatever gun I want. I appreciate good salesmanship, and enthusiast goes a long way. Sure, I could sneer at their ignorance...but I could also read the archives on Gun Nuts and remember there was a time when I thought the Taurus Tracker was the god-king of .357 Magnum revolvers. Those kids at the gun shop are lucky their person derp isn't on the internet for all of eternity.

There was once a near-mythical land whence I worked at a gun store where the derps behind the counter were true experts and taught me an amazing amount of stuff from hunting rifles, to black powder, to reloading (I was the pistol guy.) Sadly, the family let this land go to pot and I've never seen the likes since, while the stupidity on both sides of the counter is amazing.

Every once in awhile someone, on either side, surprises you and it's a ray of sunshine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I love talking to the employees at Scheels, our local big sporting goods store. For the non-plains folk, Scheels is like a Dicks that sells handguns and has 500 round bricks of .22 LR for 30 bucks. For Midwestern folk, it's like Gander Mountain with more Under Armour.
    I've been to the Scheels in the Minot mall. I was impressed that there was a gun store in the mall. I was also impressed at the selection given my visit was in the winter of 2013 when the gun panic was in its crescendo. I suppose -30 and blizzards keeps people from panic-buying pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post

But anyway, the employees are great because none of them knows a damn thing about guns but they are REALLY. Enthusiastic about saying or doing whatever it takes to get me to buy whatever gun I want. I appreciate good salesmanship, and enthusiast goes a long way. Sure, I could sneer at their ignorance...but I could also read the archives on Gun Nuts and remember there was a time when I thought the Taurus Tracker was the god-king of .357 Magnum revolvers. Those kids at the gun shop are lucky their person derp isn't on the internet for all of eternity.
    I've been to that store since their renovation. Lotsa good guys in there, but they've got baaaad Intel on this whole handgun thing. If they put someone in charge with some knowledge, that place would be a great shop.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    There was once a near-mythical land whence I worked at a gun store where the derps behind the counter were true experts and taught me an amazing amount of stuff from hunting rifles, to black powder, to reloading (I was the pistol guy.) Sadly, the family let this land go to pot and I've never seen the likes since, while the stupidity on both sides of the counter is amazing.

Every once in awhile someone, on either side, surprises you and it's a ray of sunshine.
    LOL! There is just a xanadu today. It is in Dawsonville, GA.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The range where I do my indoor shooting also has the prerequisite gun shop attached. They aren't the cheapest in town but I do most of my business there. This is primarily because everyone working behind the counter knows what they're talking about, something very rare these days. Most of the employees are half my age but refreshingly well informed on the products they're selling and there's a complete absence of mall ninjas and tactards. Their gun smith on the other hand is a completely incompetent crook of the highest order. Unfortunately he's an old buddy of the owner, so he kind of exists off in his corner office without a lot of customers. On the other hand, a new mecca for the mall ninja just opened downtown. If you want to hit the range looking like you're HALO jumping into Fallujah, or serve as a product placement for Magpul then that's the place for you. They've got every variant of the AK sold by Century Arms up on the wall and I've never seen more flat dark earth velcro geedunk in one place. I spent five minutes in the place and the only impression I got from the three employees present was that I needed to check for wants and warrants.

User Tag List