Page 56 of 323 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Has an accessory rail. And a dovetailed front sight, with a tritium insert installed. And a bunch of other things folks here will dig.
    Full size or compact? I just talked to the wife about the NEED to pick up a couple new gun a before the SSE ends for us in Kali. The railed compact is at the top of my list but with "one gun a month" I have at most three new guns so I need to choose wisely in the event I'm never able to escape Kalifornia.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Full size or compact? I just talked to the wife about the NEED to pick up a couple new gun a before the SSE ends for us in Kali. The railed compact is at the top of my list but with "one gun a month" I have at most three new guns so I need to choose wisely in the event I'm never able to escape Kalifornia.
    If you can hold tight for no more than 15 days, you will see and be able to purchase this new limited run pistol in all its full size glory. Essentially a modernized version of what many folks believe is the most desirable Beretta variant. That is it on info lest I get in hot water.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

All that said - it is a moot point if the new releases have accessory rails.
    Dang. Didn't realize these would have rails. Already been down that road with Beretta and wasn't overly pleased. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogdad View Post
    Dang. Didn't realize these would have rails. Already been down that road with Beretta and wasn't overly pleased. I'll pass.
    What did you not like about the Beretta rail guns?

My large fleet of them are all straight rails except for one slant that I picked up as a "rescue gun". Since I use a tick - the slant rail is undesirable.

The only issue I see with a railed compact and a 92a1 or something of that ilk will be the need for new holsters and that Safariland does not make an ALS holster for the Beretta rail guns.

For me, the 92A1 and 96A1 just felt so...big, bulky, I guess. I don't know how else to describe it. The Beretta has always been a large pistol, but I learned to love them anyway and put a lot of accurate rounds downrange over the years. But that rail just changed the feel of the pistol for me. It was like tying a weight onto the muzzle. Just felt wrong; unbalanced. I shot mine for months and could never get comfortable with the (to me, at least) muzzle heavy feel of it. I know others really like the feature, but I never warmed up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogdad View Post
    For me, the 92A1 and 96A1 just felt so...big, bulky, I guess. I don't know how else to describe it. The Beretta has always been a large pistol, but I learned to love them anyway and put a lot of accurate rounds downrange over the years. But that rail just changed the feel of the pistol for me. It was like tying a weight onto the muzzle. Just felt wrong; unbalanced. I shot mine for months and could never get comfortable with the (to me, at least) muzzle heavy feel of it. I know others really like the feature, but I never warmed up to it.
    Thanks, makes since.

BTW - I meant to say straight dust cover, not rail, but you figured it out.

1) per the BUSA website, the weight difference between the railed M9A1 and 92FS is .6 ounce. I shoot railed and non railed models all the time, and while I notice the difference in handling between a Centurion and full size, don't notice the difference between railed and non railed.

2) Bill Rogers will be making a 7000 series ALS holster for the railed models. I haven't checked lately, it was slated for July, so may even be done now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Has an accessory rail. And a dovetailed front sight, with a tritium insert installed. And a bunch of other things folks here will dig.
    Interest is very high on this.

Saw this link on another forum. Beretta 92G Vertec at AUSA.
    https://www.facebook.com/HighPortApp...type=1&theater

If that's the forth coming announcement from Beretta USA, put me down for one!

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Interest is very high on this.
    I'll say.

User Tag List