Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remora clipless Vs Sticky Holster: anyone use either would like their opinion

I have a Remora for a small single stack 9. It's the tuckable version. It actually works as advertised. The last time I used it was the day I didn't wear my belt tight enough and it dropped down the leg of my jeans. I choose more secure options these days. None the less, it was cheap and can still be utilized as a console/transport/girlfriend's purse holster.

Had a sticky. Worked as advertised. Didn't use it much, ended up using my regular holster.

Remora Rash isn't cool. Neither is relying heavily on the tightness of your britches for retention and stability. It has its place though: between the seat and center console.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Time To Update

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    First time gun owner. Looking for as simple a carry as i can get. I am 62 and retired live in the Houston, Tx area, so our weather is usually nice. Most of the time i am in drawstring shorts, and other time it's Wrangler jeans. I was looking to NOT to spend a lot of money on belts and holsters. came across Sticky & Remora. (I also am giving 3Speed -deep conceal, some serious thought). I'd really appreciate some input from actual users !
    Forgot about this post. have been using the 3Speed Holster it really serves me well. My usual dress is in Drawstring Shorts & Tees (Live in hot steamy Gulf Coast TEXAS). I am 63 and retired. And on occasion I will wear nice shirts and jeans or slacks. I CC in AIWB (2:00). My firearm sits above the beltline so If needed i can get a good grip. The 3Speed can be shifted into deep conceal if needed, very discretely. I wear this set up from the time I awake , till i go to bed. I also have a Sticky holster. It works moderately well. Better in belted jeans than drawstring shorts. I use that mostly for nightstand duty, but on occasion have taken out into the public.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/g...ghlight=3speed

I see you've gone another route (good).

Remora and the like fall under low percentage carry for me, not daily carry gear.

For example when the dog is circling the door at 2 am because he ate a whole jar of jalapenos, I might stick a J-frame in a Remora AIWB of my sleeping banana hammock to take him out in the front yard.

Or if I am having to put my gun on and take it off regularly I might use a Remora to run in to the grocery store.

I have never had one slip from my belt line, but I don't want the time it does to be the time I need it.

The question I was trying to answer with the Remora turned out to be much better solved by a P2000SK and a pocket holster that I worked on with Dark Star Gear. It ended up making WAY too much sense, and for a while was my EDC choice. Too easy to just pop that into a pocket and go without having to think about it, while the Remora had me dealing with tensioning and stuff. And in the "grab and go" scenario (like taking the dogs out or taking out the trash), I was often wearing things that the Remora didn't do well in, like cheap gym shorts. In fairness, I wear really big jeans which have big pockets to make that work.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

User Tag List