Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New H&K TRS install record!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I thought about grease, but I hate having sticky grease way down deep inside.
    -phrasing-
    Use LubriPlate- the same white lithium stuff you put on your Garand.

You DO have a Garand, don't you?????

But really, a dab of grease does the trick, and doesn't hurt anything that I have seen... through a half-dozen HK pistols that I installed LEM kits in using the method. I did my FDE HK45C yesterday, in fact. Like Todd said, the big trick is holding the frame just so to get those three parts onto the hammer axle in the right orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by kennjen View Post
    I just found this......

THis must be new....

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Trigg...ols-p16031.htm
    I have one and have found it to be very helpful.

TW25B Grease on LEM

I used a dab of TW25B between the LEM hammer and the cocking piece when I recently converted my HK45C. Everything lined up and the hammer axle slipped right in no trouble at all. I left the original TRS and the original hammer spring, so I guess I have a light LEM setup. The primer indent on the empty casing is good and the trigger pull is nice.

I may decide to put in the heavy LEM TRS spring and leave the original V1 hammer spring sometime in the future. Would that combo of springs be a "Todd Green Special" in my HK45C?

Lightbulb “Kitten”-free TRS installation

I'm back from additional HK TRS LEM experience with a report.

It was with trepidation and apprehension that I installed the heavy LEM TRS in my HK45C. My worries proved to be without merit however when the torsion spring inserted with just a little push. I used small needle nose pliers with a small concavity filed in it to fit the cylindrical part of the spring, a drop of oil, and an ordinary 1/16” pin drift. Imagine my surprise! I thought it would be much more difficult.

I think some people are nervous about changing the TRS on their HK LEM pistol conversions. Some may be living with a trigger pull not to their liking because they don’t want to face the prospect of a project that is too hard to put back together. In my limited experience it’s actually not all that bad. There is no need to rush. Just take your time and closely look over the parts. It’s just a torsion spring installation for “kittens” sake, not the Manhattan project!

Now I have a "Todd Green Special" of my very own. It's up to me now to see how I like it.

Can someone point me to how to remove the right side slide release... unless that isn't needed to do the trigger spring replacement?

After removing the left side. Rotate the right up to about a 45 degree angle and it should just pull out.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List