Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR15's are bad, mkay?

AR15's are bad, mkay?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...News-Leaks-Out

The hypocrisy is nothing short of breathtaking....

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...News-Leaks-Out

The hypocrisy is nothing short of breathtaking....
    This is my surprised face

These people and their "too easy to buy" nonsense. Alcohol's waaaaayyyyy easier to buy and it's involved in waaaaayyyyy more deaths every year than are firearms.

No one seems to have their panties in a twist over that.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I call BS. It says he purchased "high capacity mags" on March 5th, and we know that's damn near impossible.

ETA: If it's "too easy" then why is the gun still at the store, and he hasn't taken possession of it? Do any of you buy guns and then just leave them at the store to pick up later? More BS. Publicity stunt.

Too bad the shop didn't refuse him service because of his "obvious lack of mental capacity displayed on national media recently" and turn him away.

PS Cap'n Kelly, I bought two handguns on the way home from work Friday and the whole thing took less than 30 minutes, including me waiting on slow service. One had high cap mags and the other had a threaded barrel. Free America FTMFW, baby.

This caught my eye:
    ...who argued that semi-automatic weapons ... and other guns with military-style features level the playing field against law enforcement.
    One of the more honest gun control statements I've heard.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 03-10-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    His "excuse" just doesn't make any sense. So he is trying to show everyone how easy it is for an O-6, Space Shuttle Commander, Husband of a (F) Congresswoman, and personal friend of the POTUS, to buy a firearm

That is a far cry from some 14 year old jail bait with a whale tail trying to buy a pack of smokes at the quicky mart.

The only logical explanation is that Mark Kelly likes guns as much as the rest of us do, wants to make sure "he gets his", but unlike us, does not believe that they should be available to the "subject" classes.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The only logical explanation is that Mark Kelly likes guns as much as the rest of us do, wants to make sure "he gets his", but unlike us, does not believe that they should be available to the "subject" classes.
    The absolutely ingenuous hypocrisy of these people leaves me gobsmacked.

Talk to an ofay Birkenstock-wearing liberal neighbor in your bourgeoisie bohemian neighborhood, maybe in the aisle at the local Whole Foods. Get them going on the topic of "semiautomatic weapons". Casually mention that you own a semiautomatic pistol and shoot it in sports and relaxation and see nothing wrong with using it for self-defense, push-come-to-shove (don't tell them that it's on your hip right there in the organic produce department; don't want their head to asplode) and watch them backpedal and say that, well, sure... you're responsible and intelligent and a nice person and white and middle class, they didn't mean take them away from you! Just... you know... from those people... those violent people.

Their fears of gun violence are as much projection as their cries of racism or classism.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The absolutely ingenuous hypocrisy of these people leaves me gobsmacked.

Talk to an ofay Birkenstock-wearing liberal neighbor in your bourgeoisie bohemian neighborhood, maybe in the aisle at the local Whole Foods. Get them going on the topic of "semiautomatic weapons". Casually mention that you own a semiautomatic pistol and shoot it in sports and relaxation and see nothing wrong with using it for self-defense, push-come-to-shove (don't tell them that it's on your hip right there in the organic produce department; don't want their head to asplode) and watch them backpedal and say that, well, sure... you're responsible and intelligent and a nice person and white and middle class, they didn't mean take them away from you! Just... you know... from those people... those violent people.

Their fears of gun violence are as much projection as their cries of racism or classism.
    Funny, that.

In those situations I've never seen them backpedal. I have had someone threaten to report me to ATF however, since to quote the individual in question "no one needs a weapon that will fire between 650 and 750 rounds per minute." Never mind the fact that the weapon in question was a semi-freaking-automatic....

I generally just make a point of not talking to people that think that way anymore (or more accurately stated, I make a point of not talking to people in general...) Oddly enough, my blood pressure levels are amazingly low....

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    , well, sure... you're responsible and intelligent and a nice person and white and middle class, they didn't mean take them away from you! Just... you know... from those people... those violent people.

I point this out to a woman one afternoon at a picnic during my son's extremely brief tenure at a Waldorf School and the woman jumped out of her seat like she had a JATO in her back pocket. Apparently "Separate but Equal" liberals don't like being called out on it. My bad
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    I point this out to a woman one afternoon at a picnic during my son's extremely brief tenure at a Waldorf School and the woman jumped out of her seat like she had a JATO in her back pocket. Apparently "Separate but Equal" liberals don't like being called out on it. My bad
    Waldorf, MD? Probably a good call the tenure there was brief.

The Left projects?

Holy smokes!!!

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List