Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR1911

Ruger SR1911

Anyone? I anticipate the "recall" jokes. I'm more of a revolver person myself, I'll probably skip it since I'm not a big 1911 type person though I do like Sturm Ruger quite a bit.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

I'll suggest to anyone wishing to delve into the realm that is the 1911 to carefully research their purchase, and that usually entails going with a "semi custom" or full custom offering. Neither route will be inexpensive.

Given Ruger's lackluster semi automatic handgun/carbine offerings in the past, I don't see myself rushing out to procure one.

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Probably not the answer you wanted to hear.
    To be honest I had no preferred reply at all. I think it is a nice looking 1911 and 100% made in USA at $799MSRP seems good but I most likely will not buy one. No one buys just one 1911 so I'm not even going to open the 1911 bag to peak inside. I don't want to end up with a work bench in the garage with a parts chest and jewelers tool kit.

Having sold my TRP I'm now without a 1911 and don't plan to re-acquire one except some day for nostalgia reasons. In that case, it'll be something retro. I hope Ruger makes a good copy and it does well. A blued or high polish stainless with traditional GM lines would catch my attention.

I am sure it will work fine for the average Joe who puts 500 rounds a year through his gun but if you are looking for something professional grade then I would look elsewhere.

The biggest issue is that we don't need another crappy 1911 on the market. If they can compete at the Springfield level of quality or better then I can respect them. Another Taurus or crappy Philippine built gun is not what the market needs.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Another Taurus or crappy Philippine built gun is not what the market needs.
    It's 100% made in USA. No outsourced parts whatsoever.

Jeff Quinn:

I... I think I want one...

The good thing is I've got until January to let my desire cool off.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Jeff Quinn:
    At 4:34 he shoots a 20Y group (offhand) ... I wish it would have shown the shooter and the target.

That makes two of us, JV.

I don't really care where a handgun is made, so long as it is reliable, accurate and durable (P30/HK45).

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    At 4:34 he shoots a 20Y group (offhand) ... I wish it would have shown the shooter and the target.

User Tag List