Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR1911

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Let me break it down for you. Ruger very often puts moronic stuff like "read instruction manual" on the barrel of their products. It's annoying and does take away from the aesthetics. There are even gunsmiths who offer removal of said warnings as a service.
    Yeah I know they do, I have several. I never really even gave them any thought though. They could print the Encyclopedia Britannica on it if the thing works for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Let me break it down for you. Ruger very often puts moronic stuff like "read instruction manual" on the barrel of their products. It's annoying and does take away from the aesthetics. There are even gunsmiths who offer removal of said warnings as a service.

Example:

I still don't get it.........

:::kiddding:::

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I still don't get it.........

:::kiddding:::
    belch.

The worst thing about my perverse desire for any 1911 is that I know that by the time I swap out all the inevitable MIM bits for proper parts, I will be into HK 45 money- and would be better served with that... better yet, get a P-30.

But I still freaking want an inexpensive but good 1911- anyone know a good support group?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    anyone know a good support group?

Yes but it's in the shady part of town next to the bridge and that trailer advertising massages.
    Last edited by David; 04-20-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Because the opportunity presented itself and I'm a risk taker... A rebel!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Jeff Quinn:

I find there is little or no value in Jeff’s gun review video clips. They are all about the same.

“Bla Bla Bla…this is a dandy little gun…yada yada yada…I really like it.” Then he rapidly empties the entire magazine and that’s about it.

If some firearms manufacturer sends him a free gun to review and shoot, he feel obligated to “Like it” so they will send him more guns to review and shoot.

As for Ruger coming out with a 1911, what’s the big deal, who cares, they are a little late to the party. Everyone else already beat them to it.
    Last edited by MechEng; 04-20-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng View Post
    I find there is little or no value in Jeff’s gun review video clips. They are all about the same.

“Bla Bla Bla…this is a dandy little gun…yada yada yada…I really like it.” Then he rapidly empties the entire magazine and that’s about it.

If some firearms manufacturer sends him a free gun to review and shoot, he feel obligated to “Like it” so they will send him more guns to review and shoot.
    It was posted to just show the gun, not to value his opinion of it. At the time it was the only video out there with anyone actually holding / firing one other than the ruger video which doesn't permit linking.

But I still freaking want an inexpensive but good 1911- anyone know a good support group?

Seriously, I don't think such a thing exists.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 1911 anon.

Analogy time: It's a bit like having a crush on a girl who's Daddy's Spoilt Little Princess. True, you just know that she's going to be expensive, time consuming, and unreliable. All your friends that know her tell you to stay away...

...but...

I'm thinking something along the lines of 1911 anon.

Analogy time: It's a bit like having a crush on a girl who's Daddy's Spoilt Little Princess. True, you just know that she's going to be expensive, time consuming, and unreliable. All your friends that know her tell you to stay away...

...but...
    Wasn't this the theme to some sort of 50's "shoop - shoop" song?

User Tag List