Thread: Lindsey Graham on AWB with Milwaukee Police Chief

Lindsey Graham on AWB with Milwaukee Police Chief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9abcAGfOvI

I thought the chief embarassed himself with the faces he made and his insolent tone. Senator Graham came across as a lot more dignified. I guess if you can't win on the facts you have to put on a show.

I have frequently felt puzzled when people seem to feel that police officers are anti 2nd amendment. When a guy like that chief has a national forum and acts that way, I can see how people get that idea. I can't recall hearing a single anti 2nd amendment statement from an officer at my agency in the time that I have worked there. I think most officers realize the truth of the old saying about, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9abcAGfOvI

I thought the chief embarassed himself with the faces he made and his insolent tone. Senator Graham came across as a lot more dignified. I guess if you can't win on the facts you have to put on a show.

I have frequently felt puzzled when people seem to feel that police officers are anti 2nd amendment. When a guy like that chief has a national forum and acts that way, I can see how people get that idea. I can't recall hearing a single anti 2nd amendment statement from an officer at my agency in the time that I have worked there. I think most officers realize the truth of the old saying about, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

Take a look at the leadership in most LEA's in larger metropolitan area's. The pro-gun administrations are publicly vastly outnumbered by the anti-gun administrations. As that pertains to the fight.........they are COP's with large numbers of officer working for them. They are the ones getting called by the news for interviews and panel discussions. They are the ones who help get the anti-gun message out.

When you see LEO's, Sheriff's, COP's representing their profession as a group, the perception is going to be what that one person represents.

When the crime rate doesn't drop on your watch, you got to have an excuse.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

He should have been removed from the proceedings for his disrespectful tone in the hearings. In a courtroom, he would NEVER be allowed to talk to a judge that way.

A small snippet from a very interesting article on Flynn. Meet Ed Flynn – Milwaukee Crime Lord, Citizen Disarmament Advocate.
    Police Chief Ed Flynn of Milwaukee believes that his department is at war with the gun-owning public. In his February 27 testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Flynn claimed that "in the last 20 years we’ve been in an arms race" with private citizens who supposedly out-gun the police.

Flynn testified in support of a proposed federal ban on so-called assault weapons. But in the past he has made it clear that he considers a Mundane carrying a firearm of any kind is an unlawful enemy combatant subject to detention and forcible disarmament.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away, and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said a few years ago in response to a statement from Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen recognizing that residents of the state have a right to carry firearms openly.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. has fired another salvo in his ongoing clash with Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn over guns, law enforcement and public safety.
    In a letter to a Republican member of the U.S. Senate, Clarke has issued an apology "on behalf of my constituents" for Flynn's blunt Capitol Hill testimony last week in support of an assault-weapons ban.

The sheriff accuses Flynn of being "embarrassing" and "rude," and hostile to gun rights in the letter, sent to South Carolina's Lindsey Graham, a member of the judiciary committee that heard Flynn's testimony.

"Please do not see (Flynn's) arrogance as exemplary of the people of Milwaukee County," Clarke writes.

Clarke and Flynn have traded harsh words over guns since the Newtown, Conn., school shootings last December renewed a national debate over violence, safety and firearms.

Clarke has used public service announcements to encourage residents to arm themselves, generating national news and drawing flak from Flynn, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and others. Barrett and Clarke even squared off during a segment with CNN host Piers Morgan.....

User Tag List