Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero issue with S&W M&P 340 (J Frame)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 340 is again at S&W so we shall see.....

My first back up gun, a 640, used to shoot POA/POI with 158 grain loads and Low with 110 grain +P+.
    Now that is normal behavior for that breed

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    My first back up gun, a 640, used to shoot POA/POI with 158 grain loads and Low with 110 grain +P+.
    Yes.

Mid-bore Smythes are regulated for std. vel. 158gr projectiles. Anything that exits the muzzle faster will hit lower.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    The 340 M&P came back from S&W two days ago. Got in a quick trip to the indoor range today - 30 rounds of 135gr +P GDHP at 7, 15, and 25 yards.

There is noticeable improvement but it is still hitting to the right . POI is about half as far to the right as before this trip to S&W.

Call me picky but this is not acceptable for a gun that costs nearly $800.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-28-2013 at 06:32 PM.

The 340 M&P came back from S&W two days ago. Got in a quick trip to the indoor range today - 30 rounds of 135gr +P GDHP at 7, 15, and 25 yards.

There is noticeable improvement but it is still hitting to the right . POI is about half as far to the right as before this trip to S&W.

Call me picky but this is not acceptable for a gun that costs nearly $800.
    $800 ?!

holy shit!

Site Supporter
    That includes the S&W branded CT laser grips but still.....

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    $800 ?!

holy shit!
    The scandium that gets sprinkled in the aluminum alloy for the frames to keep the .357s from stretching them like taffy is like a squillion dollars an ounce; combine that with factory nights and the CTC grips and you've run up the options list on your basic ~$400 Model 442 pretty quickly, all for the pleasure of getting stress fractures in your metacarpals from firing magnum loads...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

For those of you who don't know what a "squillion" is, let me help you. For instance, if you took one squillion dollars, spent it all on 442's and then laid them end to end, they would reach Proxima Centauri and back. Or to put it in slightly more concrete terms, it's the number of hits you'd get if you would Google "what gun should I get for my wife?"
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    For those of you who don't know what a "squillion" is, let me help you. For instance, if you took one squillion dollars, spent it all on 442's and then laid them end to end, they would reach Proxima Centauri and back. Or to put it in slightly more concrete terms, it's the number of hits you'd get if you would Google "what gun should I get for my wife?"
    Now, I always thought "squillion" was the amount of money that would cause you to squeal when you got the bill.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Now, I always thought "squillion" was the amount of money that would cause you to squeal when you got the bill.
    Dude, that's like five bucks for a lot of the guys on this forum.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Dude, that's like five bucks for a lot of the guys on this forum.
    Word!

User Tag List