Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For A Good Balcony Load

Looking For A Good Balcony Load

Since there are now some top level trainers out there advocating the ol' "Touch Two Off the Balcony" as an effective means of self-defense, I thought I'd get ahead of the curve and start loading my own "Balcony Loads."

Taking into account the intelligence behind this new trend, it seems only fitting to build a load with a lots of noise but little payload.

What's a good recipe?

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Extra rampage if the barrel is shorter than 26".
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Use blackpowder and rock salt?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Since there are now some top level trainers out there advocating the ol' "Touch Two Off the Balcony" as an effective means of self-defense...
    My soul hurts...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I like to put a 12 gauge flare in the left barrel and whatever birdshot Dick's has in stock (never buy shells from walmart! This will get you killed!) in the right.

I discharge both barrels simultaneously, which is why I prefer older side-by-side models with two triggers. After exiting the weapon, both rounds combine about 11.5 feet downrange (the size of the average balcony) to form an effective "shock and awe" type munition. Very capable weapon system.

Not as potent as gluing large pistol primers (preferably Federal) in the nose of a 357 SIG hydrashock, but civilians shouldn't be messing around with that anyway.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    How about some crushed bits of cell phone in one load and a handful of cork peas in the other barrel?
    I call it the "call box and whistle" combo. Perfect for the ladies.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Perfect for the ladies.
    Good to consider the needs of this very feeble and needy market segment.

I hear Lee will soon make a special vomit die with optional feces attachment, for use with their popular shotshell turret loaders.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    it seems only fitting to build a load with a lots of noise but little payload.
    I would ask David Axelrod...he was very successful in doing just that.

I have some black powder loads left over from my Cowboy shooting days. I could use them. That way if I miss, at least they won't be able to see me.

I don't have a balcony. Do I use the same load shooting from my porch, or do I need to build a balcony?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I have some black powder loads left over from my Cowboy shooting days. I could use them. That way if I miss, at least they won't be able to see me.

I don't have a balcony. Do I use the same load shooting from my porch, or do I need to build a balcony?

My interpretation was that no balcony no shotgun. That's why I'm sticking to the AR and Glock.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List