Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul

Magpul

With Magpul now stating that they will not be following LaRue/BCM's position regarding LEO sales in ban states, I have to ask, does anyone know if Magpul sells P-Mags directly to LEA's, or do they only sell them to distributors and individuals? This is going to determine how I feel about this.

I't only a matter of time before someone in NY gets arrested for having a mag over seven rounds in their house, and if Magpul is directly selling 30 round mags to the agency responsible for the arrest, I'm gonna to be pissed.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    With Magpul now stating that they will not be following LaRue/BCM's position regarding LEO sales in ban states, I have to ask, does anyone know if Magpul sells P-Mags directly to LEA's, or do they only sell them to distributors and individuals? This is going to determine how I feel about this.

I't only a matter of time before someone in NY gets arrested for having a mag over seven rounds in their house, and if Magpul is directly selling 30 round mags to the agency responsible for the arrest, I'm gonna to be pissed.
    The only legal magpul mags in NY are those in the hands of the police.

Private purchase for non le is not allowed as post 1994 normal mags are contraband.

If it's a legal pmag in NY it's Leo only.

I'm buying stag arms metal mags now. I'm still a mag whore...I just won't be a pmag whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post

Private purchase for non le is not allowed as post 1994 normal mags are contraband.

I'm buying stag arms metal mags now. I'm still a mag whore...I just won't be a pmag whore.
    Not entirely true.

A NY resident can legally own a Magpul mag. It just would have to have been blocked/pinned appropriately. Several vendors online and in NY sell such products.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Don't forget about disabled veteran Nathan Haddad who's facing felony charges and prison in NY for possessing empty magazines.

Keith Pantaleon is another example in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Keith Pantaleon is another example in NJ.
    I wonder what "prohibited bullets" he had in his home.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post

Do you know if Magpul sells them directly to the departments though? Or do they only deal with vendors?
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Site Supporter
    How will Magpul not selling pmags to agencies in New York help gun rights? Where demand exists, so will supply. I would much rather a company that supports gun rights make money on those agency sales, and therefore be able to spend more to help defend/expand gun rights, than some other company that has no interest in protecting gun ownership and will do nothing to help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    How will Magpul not selling pmags to agencies in New York help gun rights? Where demand exists, so will supply. I would much rather a company that supports gun rights make money on those agency sales, and therefore be able to spend more to help defend/expand gun rights, than some other company that has no interest in protecting gun ownership and will do nothing to help the cause.
    How is selling 30 round mags to agencies that are going to arrest people for owning 30 round mags supporting gun rights?
    -Kyle Defoor

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    How is selling 30 round mags to agencies that are going to arrest people for owning 30 round mags supporting gun rights?
    Seriously???

With all the other efforts the company has made pro-2A including the very real -- and expensive -- threat of moving its entire operation to help Colorado gun owners, you're willing to throw them completely under the bus for this one issue?

That's certainly your right, but you do a disservice by pretending that the company has done NOTHING to support the Second Amendment.

This whole Magpul issue is a perfect example of what exactly is wrong with the gun rights movement. There is an extremely prevalent attitude of "if you're not with us, you're against us". This leads to people not being able to take nuanced positions on what, while a Constitutionally protected right, is also an incredibly complex issue at the political, legal, and business level. So you get people who three days ago were signing Magpul's praises for their decision to leave Colorado who are now ready to burn their HQ down simply because those people don't accept anything other than 100% solutions.

The problem is that those people are falling into the same trap as anti-gun extremists - they're not making logical decisions based on available facts, they're making emotional decisions based on their feelings. Yes, it would "feel" good if Magpul said "no mag sales to LEOs in NY", but it also wouldn't be logical simply based on Magpul's business model. It's the same reason why I'm not getting all butthurt that Glock, Sig, or S&W aren't boycotting NY either.

User Tag List