Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DHS Checkpoint Refusals Video...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Who's going to stop a well spoken man in a bespoke suit?
    With or without the Boba Fett helmet?
    Mike

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

^^^ Brilliant!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    ^^^ Brilliant!
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    What he said!
    Goes double!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "These are not the droids you're looking for."
    I had a guy say that to me once on a traffic stop. Have to admit I really got a laugh out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Story time: My boss took another employee and I to work the Small Arms Review gun show in AZ one year... driving back, we had a trailer stuffed to the gills with ARs, AKs, a couple of 1919s, ammo and a bunch of other fun stuff. We hit a BP checkpoint at some point in the middle of nowhere in the CA desert at 10 or 11 o'clock at night. We stopped, the boss rolled down his window, the officer asked us about our citizenship and then asked what was in the trailer. My boss replies, "Guns." He waved us through. No pulling into secondary or anything... and in California even!
    After 9-11, the .gov setup checkpoints at the approaches to Hoover Dam. They brought in detailees to work them and I did two weeks out there. This happened to be at the same time as SHOT. It was night and I contacted a guy in a truck who was obviously nervous. I asked him about weapons in the vehicle and he let out a panicked explanation that he had a bunch of gun and silencers but they were all legal. He held his breath and waited for the Ninjas to parachute in and take him down. I asked him who he worked for and he told me. I responded, "oh, you guys just won the Small Arms Review silencer shootoff." I've never seen someone so relieved in all of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    After 9-11, the .gov setup checkpoints at the approaches to Hoover Dam. They brought in detailees to work them and I did two weeks out there. This happened to be at the same time as SHOT. It was night and I contacted a guy in a truck who was obviously nervous. I asked him about weapons in the vehicle and he let out a panicked explanation that he had a bunch of gun and silencers but they were all legal. He held his breath and waited for the Ninjas to parachute in and take him down. I asked him who he worked for and he told me. I responded, "oh, you guys just won the Small Arms Review silencer shootoff." I've never seen someone so relieved in all of my life.
    I once got pulled over at night on the US 60 in the back end of nowhere, New Mexico, by a young and eager State Trooper. My truck had one of those topper shells on it, and the plastic windows were ancient and blurry from being in the sun for so long, so he couldn't see inside even with a flashlight. He asked what I had in the back, I said "Swords, spears, plate armor, a couple axes and a warhammer." That took him aback, and he had to think a moment to process it. "Are you part of one of those Renaissance Fairs?" he asked. "Yep." "Cool, have a nice night, and get that headlight fixed."

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    A few years ago now I was on my way back from the fun range, I had silencers, SBRs, and an AOW. I get pulled over by a FDEP officer (a state level park service LE). This was after an ARFCOM'er had a very negative experience with FHP involving NFA weapons (summary of the story was hand cuffed on the side of the road waiting for the ATF). My internal monologue during the entire stop was "Please don't ask if I have weapons in the vehicle."

The vid in post 52 was great.

I rolled through the check point south of Pendleton a few years ago. Three 40ish white guys in suits. We got the 5mph wave through. I am ok with that given how out of control our borders are.
    Farther from the border and with an attempted rectal exam, probably not so much.

User Tag List