Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DHS Checkpoint Refusals Video...

DHS Checkpoint Refusals Video...

Ordinarily, I'm not for this type of civil disobedience, but if you skip around the video, you begin to realize that many of these checks are not at a border checkpoint.

IANAL and I have no desire to make someone's life miserable, but there is an underlining point that I'm getting here that makes me want to investigate this thought process more.

All of your thoughts are welcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=u4Ku17CqdZg
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

IFAIK, there is no requirement that these checkpoints be on the border. As for the "civil disobedience" remember that part of civil disobedience is being willing to accept the penatly that comes from practicing it.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Didn't watch the video. I'm in Texas I have no problem stopping for bladder patrol, that being said there are exceptions to my last statement.

Shoot I hope they find my truck that was stolen on the 15th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Fishing works, no doubt. That being said, a leo shouldn't get pissy when it doesn't.

I don't support these checkpoints past the actual border, some of these are 50 miles inland and further, especially when arbitrarily running drug dogs on American citizen's vehicles. Stop the illegals from crossing at the border instead.

I also don't consider exercising your constitutional rights to be civil disobedience.

If they were breaking the law or acting outside of the US Constitution, then they would be detaining people and doing whatever they want. They're not.

I also don't think the state is limited to enforcing border security within eyesight of the border. America is a big country, I would personally consider 50 miles to be within proximity of the border. Defense in depth, that whole deal. I was stopped about 80 miles from the border in Vermont back in 2005 or 2006. The Man was looking for someone who was believed to have crossed the border (felon? terrorist? energizer bunny? IDK). Given the ground you can cover this days, I didn't think that checking 80 miles from the border was unreasonable.

With that said, if anyone is going to do this then they should at least make it interesting. "Am I being detained? Am I free to go?" is way less interesting than, "These are not the droids you're looking for."
    Last edited by TGS; 02-26-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If they were breaking the law or acting outside of the US Constitution, then they would be detaining people and doing whatever they want. They're not.

With that said, if anyone is going to do this then they should at least make it interesting. "Am I being detained? Am I free to go?" is way less interesting than, "These are not the droids you're looking for."
    I'm waiting for my chance...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "These are not the droids you're looking for."
    Laughed so hard that I'm tempted to grab the flip and head for the border.
    Thanks.!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm waiting for my chance...
    You could pull it off.

You'll have to integrate brainwave manipulation into ECQC afterwards.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

There's one of these checkpoints between Pendelton and where I usually stay in San Clemente when I go out there. Never have been stopped.

User Tag List