Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta may shrug as well

Beretta may shrug as well

Basically, Maryland is trying to ban assault weapons even as Beretta gets ready to produce the civvie version of their ARX-160 in MD. Hypocrites that they are, the MD Democrats are trying make an "exception" for Beretta to produce their new rifle in MD but not to sell it in MD. Happily, Beretta is calling them out for their hypocrisy.

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2013...blem-with.html
    #RESIST

There is room in my safe for a Beretta with a VA rollmark.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Good for Beretta!

Actually kind of surprised that a major defense manufacturer would get political, especially one that is headquartered out of Europe. Only makes me more appreciative.

As far as the ARX, I have heard nothing but good things about them including from friends to are serving along side the Italians right now in Afghanistan. I would love to add one to my safe and it is the one "Advanced Rifle" that I have been waiting for, but I can't really justify a $2000+ toy that won't do anything for me that my pod of ARs won't. Now a 9mm Storm carbine would be great, but after making it Kalifornia compliant it isn't really worth the effort either.

JV and I were just talking about Berettas we would like to own (all discontinued) last week.
    #RESIST

Maryland sucks. These stupid decisions need to leave a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Basically, Maryland is trying to ban assault weapons even as Beretta gets ready to produce the civvie version of their ARX-160 in MD. Hypocrites that they are, the MD Democrats are trying make an "exception" for Beretta to produce their new rifle in MD but not to sell it in MD. Happily, Beretta is calling them out for their hypocrisy.

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2013...blem-with.html
    Good for Beretta. I hope other gun manufacturers follow suit in other states behind the Iron Curtain.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    JV and I were just talking about Berettas we would like to own (all discontinued) last week.
    Story of my life. I still lust for a 92G-SD. The 92A1 just isn't quite the same.

That said, I'd happily wait longer for the Bruniton-finished M9A1 Compact to be produced, if it meant Beretta USA took a stand and moved their facility to a more gun-friendly state. Honestly, they should go to Wheeling, WV. There are so many Italians there, they'd feel right at home. Undo's would have to build yet another restaurant just to accommodate the demand. Plus, they're right on the Ohio river, and there's plentiful steel and coal nearby, and a goodly number of trained machine workers who'd love a job.

Site Supporter
    Bring back the 92G Elite (I or II) and I'd be content. A 92G Centurion or 92G Compact would be welcomed too.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Bring back the 92G Elite (I or II) and I'd be content. A 92G Centurion or 92G Compact would be welcomed too.
    My Elite is quite possibly my favorite pistol. I can only dream of a 92G Elite Compact and how glorious that gun could have been.

In fact, while I'm wishing for the impossible, I'd make a clone of Ernie Langdon and keep it chained in my workshed just to work his unholy magic on the rest of my stable of pizza pistols.

User Tag List