Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: The "new" J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Glock 26 maybe? Standard 10rd capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was thinking the same but he said Glocks are like hen's teeth up there, apparently.
    That's the direction I'm looking right now. Doesn't help that the wife HATES Glocks (had a bad experience with one 20 years ago).

The USED ones (mostly Gen 3) are going for $750-800. Gen 4's will be on the higher end. Occasionally there will be a Gen 2.5 that will show up for less.

Figure I'll keep watching the sites and see what pops.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    That's the direction I'm looking right now. Doesn't help that the wife HATES Glocks (had a bad experience with one 20 years ago).

The USED ones (mostly Gen 3) are going for $750-800. Gen 4's will be on the higher end. Occasionally there will be a Gen 2.5 that will show up for less.

That's a lot of coin. Can LEOs (that you may have as friends) up there order a Glock under the Blue Label program? Maybe they can buy, decide they didn't like it and sell one to you. (I haven't bought under Blue Label (yet) but my understanding is that we are entitled to purchase two firearms per year. I don't know if they are further restricted in MA.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's a lot of coin. Can LEOs (that you may have as friends) up there order a Glock under the Blue Label program? Maybe they can buy, decide they didn't like it and sell one to you. (I haven't bought under Blue Label (yet) but my understanding is that we are entitled to purchase two firearms per year. I don't know if they are further restricted in MA.)
    Glocks are available for sale to LEO with paperwork. The AG here is currently suing Glock and Remington for manufacturing a dangerous product (I shit you not) so some of the agencies have told their officers to hold off on buying any Glocks...

I hate this Commonwealth. Counting down the days till kids graduate and we are gone (wife finally agreed, she's from here).

Wow. That's all I got.

AG is also the one that "reinterpreted" the AWB laws here making the sale of AR/AK pattern rifles not legal...

But, I could order a Glock frame and have it transferred through a dealer, then order the slide/barrel from somewhere and then once assembled file the paperwork and that's legal. But a dealer can't sell me a complete Glock.

/thread derail...

AG is also the one that "reinterpreted" the AWB laws here making the sale of AR/AK pattern rifles not legal...

But, I could order a Glock frame and have it transferred through a dealer, then order the slide/barrel from somewhere and then once assembled file the paperwork and that's legal. But a dealer can't sell me a complete Glock.

/thread derail...

"Hey, can somebody arrange to move me to a state that still remembers what the 2nd Amendment is about?"

Wow!
    Can’t you buy one on gunbroker and have it transferred to you?
    Last edited by 5pins; 12-29-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Wow!
    Can’t you buy one on gunbroker and have it transferred to you?
    Nope. Dealers can't sell or transfer Glocks because of the AG's use of Consumer Protection Laws (predating her current move against AR/AK).

Nope. Dealers can't sell or transfer Glocks because of the AG's use of Consumer Protection Laws (predating her current move against AR/AK).
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/609669070

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/609680792

Price $530 not including shipping and transfer fee.

Site Supporter
    My epiphany came when I shot my 642 in an IDPA-ish match. Reloading under stress is slow, and fumble prone. If you only carry the gun with no reloads, it's on-board ammo isn't going to last long. If you get in a fight and run dry... Well, if you do that, and have a speedloader, you might find out at an inopportune moment that your speedloader, jiggled just wrong, jams itself into an unremovable position with the cartridges inserted in the cylinder. Had to remove the grip on the left side to get it loose. If you carry with speedstrips, you might find rounds falling to the ground instead of into the chamber, or the whole thing might sail downrange, and take all your available bullets with it.

I carried a speedloader and four speedstrips for that match. I finished ahead of a lady who always finishes last, and a DNF. I started carrying more than one speed strip every time I carried the gun by itself, but started looking for something else to become the primary. It still works, but is now a backup, ankle, or jacket pocket tool, not the sole gun I have in my car for a multiple hundred mile road trip. Or camping in the mountains with the black bears and lions. Or daily, for that matter. There's so much to like about it, but the drawbacks are inescapable.

Still don't have a Glock, though. 😁
    Last edited by Duelist; 12-31-2016 at 07:52 PM.

User Tag List