Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0

M&P 2.0

Looks like it will finally happen soon. Academy sports is listing 9mm and 40 models with and with out thumb safety and L versions in FDE. The long FDE versions have a "tactile LCI" looking at the pictures it is held in place with a roll pin on top of the slide. I hope they offer that model without the LCI. I will pick one or two of these up when they are released.

Link

SKU# 110577417

SKU# 110577492

It looks nice.

What are those big cutouts above the light rail for?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It looks nice.

I believe the rumor was it was modular like the Sig 320

They look good.

I'm not much of an FDE fan or of thumb safeties on the M&P's, but the proportions of the long slide looks "just right" to my eye.

Alright!

I'm still stuck in the past with my 1911s, but a "L" with a thumb safety is very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It looks nice.

Serial number and 3D barcode

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Not a hater, but would this be the M&P 2.0 that was de-selected from the recent army MHS contract? I would guess so.

It seems hard to see on the surface many changes over the original M&P (I owned a FS9 for three years. I really liked the ergos and how nice it was to shoot.) The backstrap release tool looks the same, and the backstrap. Ditto the magazines. The stippling looks good too, kind of like the old Pro stippling.

I'd also be curious is they re-designed the striker block profile so that the trigger pull is not like dragging sandpaper over a file. I was also never a fan of the curved trigger they used.

If you get one, please post a 10 round 25 yard B8 target.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-17-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: werds r hard

It looks like they finally got around to making the grip texture rough enough to actually be functional...

Thumb safety with the long slide , YES. I have to buy 2 pistols to get that now. I have been using the leftover pistols to arm the women folk in the family.

I'm definitely not an M&P hater, but can't seem to get around to buying one, knowing they need a bunch of aftermarket trigger components and a several-hundred dollar gunsmith-fit custom barrel to make them shoot straight (at least in the full size 9mm).

If the 2.0 has a workable out of the box trigger and isn't plagued with accuracy issues, I might take a look. Always looking for the "Glock Killer" to get my 19/17/26 out of my primary carry role. I'm also a little confused, if this is "modular" for grips like the P320, why do you need replaceable backstraps? I guess you could get a Large grip and run a Large backstrap if you can palm basketballs...
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 12-17-2016 at 12:39 PM.

User Tag List