Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paxton Quigley: Biden is right.

I have never heard of this woman prior to this thread. Just for reference, I am in the under 30 group.

Has there been any Zumbo type response by the NRA on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Trigger finger discipline. Unnecessary unless you have one ofthose nasty assualt weapons.
    Times change and some people dont.

Look at Bill Jordan's book, he had holsters that did not protect the trigger guard area and wanted you to put your finger on the trigger as soon as they establish their firing grip. Of course, Jordan is dead and his book was published in the 60s. I dont know what Paxton's excuse it.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    That Rule Three picture is probably pushing a quarter century old. Other than a brief trip around the talk show circuit in '05, she's largely been out of the media eye since the early '90s, when her book Armed and Female came out, well-timed for the ramp-up of the Shall Issue movement.

She cleaned up well, was an effective speaker and self-promoter, and those talk show appearances probably sold a lot of Ladysmiths, but she never really struck me as a shooter or a gun nut, just an empowerment and security moto speaker who was okay with guns. Like pax said about the dancing bear...

As far as the "teacup grip" and Rule Three photos, hey, given the time period, I can drag out some roughly contemporaneous Gun Digests and the like that show S.W.A.T. teams gripping their High Powers and Security Sixes in a very similar fashion. The state of the industry was a lot different back when every civilian firearms trainer in America could practically have shared the same business cards if they were allowed to print two columns front and back.
    Last edited by Tamara; 02-22-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to italicize book title. It was bugging me.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Has she? How would large swaths of women know of her leadership unless they read gun magazines? Not disputing, just askin' cause that's the only place I saw her in the '90's.
    Yes, she has. Articles in gun magazines, lots of TV appearances, a well-known book, plenty of public speaking engagements, and so on. As others have said, she is a bit out of date, but at the time she was one of the main figures in getting females into the gun world.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Yes, she has. Articles in gun magazines, lots of TV appearances, a well-known book, plenty of puclic speaking engagements, and so on.
    Ah, David! I'd like to have a beer with you some time if a portal ever opens between our universes.

Make you a deal. Come on down, you buy the beer, I'll buy the crawfish, we'll sit around and discuss who would you rather have for back-up...Bill Jordan or Skeeter Skelton!
    The state of the industry was a lot different back when every civilian firearms trainer in America could practically have shared the same business cards if they were allowed to print two columns front and back.
    I can remember when there were four of them, and I'd trained with three. Slim pickings before the 2nd generation disciples started branching out on their own.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

So that was right after Moses handed the designs for the 1911 to John Moses Browning?

Actually a little further down the line, closer to when Browning figured out Moses was just messing with him on the 1911, so he went off and developed the Hi-Power to fix it.

Actually a little further down the line, closer to when Browning figured out Moses was just messing with him on the 1911, so he went off and developed the Hi-Power to fix it.

Excusem me sir, it would appear your Rhodesian is showing.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Associating Browning's name with the GP35 is dirty francophone propaganda, and that's all there is to it.

User Tag List