Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Frum has now made us all dumber for having read his piece....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Skipped the 2...the 2nd amendment.
    Ahhhh!
    fuse, thanks for asking. I didn't get it either. Funny even after it's explained to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    I'm not sure that the term Metrocon accurately describes David Frum, who is not particularly conservative, and usually appears to have purchased his suits at Target. But, it will have to do until a better descriptor comes along.
    Sounds like the making of a contest!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Oh god. I read those bullet points you posted and nearly had an intercranial event. I'll send you the bill for the surgery in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Metrocon: A large and serious-looking herbivore often found grazing the veldts of National Review, Fox News panels, and the Wall Street Journal editorial page. While hawkish on foreign policy and capable of mouthing all the proper social values shibboleths, they are generally fiscal moderates and only seem opposed to government power when it's Democrats that are wielding it. The easiest way to distinguish them from the carnivorous creatures they mimic and shelter among for protection is to ask them to count to ten. If they say "One, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten," you've cornered yourself a metrocon. Frum and Will are notable examples, and the largest specimen in captivity is Krauthammer.

As a current resident of the state of Connecticut, your post perfectly encapsulates why I am registered as an Independent.

You know....

Never mind....

The internet is being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Oh god. I read those bullet points you posted and nearly had an intercranial event. I'll send you the bill for the surgery in the mail.

As a current resident of the state of Connecticut, your post perfectly encapsulates why I am registered as an Independent.
    This "Independent" thing reaches far out into The Sticks as well.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List